Six Broadway Shows, Museums, and More in 5 1/2 Days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from 5 1/2 days in NY, and thought I'd post a quick report about the shows I saw during the visit. Though I now live on the west coast, I'm originally from NY, so this report won't cover a lot of the typical tourist questions - no Top of the Rock or hotel suggestions as I was staying with family. However, I'll try and include any tips if I think they'll be helpful to others visiting the city.

Monday
I flew into JFK, and took the AirTrain to Jamaica, where I then took the E line to Penn Station. From there I took the C train uptown to where I was staying. As it was Labor Day and still early in the morning, the trains were not crowded at all. However, on the flip side, being a holiday, trains were running on weekend hours, so there was more waiting than usual. I already had a Metrocard from previous trips, so just used that for the AirTrain, and bought a separate 7-day card for $32 for the week. Although I walk a lot, I also knew I'd be doing a lot of bouncing around between uptown, downtown, and midtown, so knew the pass would save me money. (Based on where I went, just the first day alone I would've spent over $16.50 if I'd been buying pay-per-ride fares.) While most subway cars are air conditioned nowadays, keep in mind the platforms are not, so be prepared for some warm waiting at times.

Since Monday is dark for most theaters (and the shows with performances were either ones I've seen, or not particularly interested in), I decided to get tickets for the U.S. Open instead. This worked out great as I hadn't been to the Open recently, and Federer ended up playing the night match that day. I love Wimbledon for the tradition, but for pure energy, I love attending evening matches at the U.S. Open.
Old Sep 16th, 2015, 06:38 AM

OK, you got my interest with the Six Broadway Shows -- can't wait to get the rest of the report!
Old Sep 17th, 2015, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well....what shows did you see and did you like them????
Old Sep 20th, 2015, 09:25 PM

I think you enjoyed a lot
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 05:47 AM

"I just got back from 5 1/2 days in NY, and thought I'd post a quick report about the shows I saw during the visit."

Ummm. That would be very nice if you would. Are you coming back to do so, jv827 ?