silly LaGuardia Airport question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our family is flying into LaGuardia from different locations. One aunt is traveling alone, and arriving on a different airline than we are, although it's almost exactly the same time. She's very timid about getting a taxi and going into the city by herself. How feasible is it for us to get a taxi from one terminal and pick her up at another one (assuming, of course, that the planes arrive on time...)? Terminals in question are US Air and American.

Any advice?
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:13 AM
GoTravel

The taxi stand is right outside baggage so you should all end up in the same place anyway.

Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:20 AM

I don't believe you will end up in the same terminal with the 2 airlines. After picking up baggage, exit and look for signs for inter-terminal connection buses. These are free and somewhat frequent. For more info and pictures on this service-
http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/litcfram.htm (this is the airport's official website). I would take Route B bus over Route A. Route A bus loops out further and you don't need to go to the marine terminal. Good luck! (Don't be afraid to ask someone.. )
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:36 AM

Another option if you are coming in on US Air & your Aunt is on American, you get a taxi at your terminal & ask the driver to pick your Aunt up (select an appointed pick up point near American baggage claim) as the cab can easily swing by-it's in the right direction. Going the other way should be doable but it's going in the wrong direction.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 10:09 AM
GoTravel

My mistake. I know USAirways shares the baggage pickup with a couple of other airlines but can't remember which ones they are.

Old Mar 9th, 2003, 12:24 PM

US Air and Delta share a terminal. All other airlines are in the main terminal.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 06:28 PM

Last time I was there, the buses looped around in a counter-clockwise direction, stopping at the USAir before the American ... so I would advise for the party arriving at USAir to hop the free onsite shuttle to the American terminal, then catch your cab there. Remember that you'll be paying for the cab if there's any delays for part of your party.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM

US Airways and Delta do not share a terminal the last time I was at LaGuardia. Maybe you should check the airport's website.

Delta Shuttle (Boston and Washington) is at the Marine Air Terminal. Most airlines are in the main circular terminal. US Airways is in the newest terminal. Northwest and Delta are in the terminal at the far end. The US Airways and NW/DL terminal is within walking distance, but the others are quite far away.

Why not ask your aunt to wait at a specific spot, say the US Airways check in desks?
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:51 PM

I would suggest that you both bring your cel phones that way when you arrive you can call and make sure you can connect.

The USAir and American are in different terminals and a bit of a walk, but you can certainly take the bus. If you are not planning on bringing your cel phones, then I would suggest meeting your Aunt in the food court area close to her gate, and pick her up there.

LaGuardia can be very busy these days and if she is not used to traveling, it could be a little intimidating, lol, I live here and it's a bit intimidating to me too, lol.

Have a great time while you are in the city.