Siesta Key experts please help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, okay, you've convinced us, Siesta Key is our spring vacation. We were leaning that way, you gave us the push! Now for accomodations...I'm hoping to stay at the Banyan Tree Beach resort. Familiar with it? It seems to have all we're looking for - charm and location. The website (http://www.siestakeybanyanresort.com) claims they are a block from the beach. Is it a realistic block? We will have our ten month old. I would REALLY appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 05:00 PM
roy

It is more like a two block walk but it is a realistic distance. Also, it is right near the Village and very convenient. Stayed there last year and enjoyed the premises. Clean and pleasant. Where the three pools came from I don't know as last year they had sold one property and there were for sale signs on the others.
There was one pool available for guests use which was adequate as it was not highly utilized. It was heated nearly to the point of body temperature which wasn't bad on cool days. The fishing pier on the canal is not something you would wish to stand on and I never saw any kayaks for guests use.
Just be aware that Siesta Key is overpopulated to the point of continual traffic jams of Cadillac Sedan DeVilles traveling at 20 mph during snowbird months. I'm not sure when you are coming....after April, conditions are probably much better.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

Roy, thanks for the info. We're not going until may, so hopefully we will be safe.
Old Aug 14th, 2004, 02:44 PM

The Banyan Tree looked nice. WE are looking for a place for next weekend for a few days too. Did you ever stay there? What are your suggestions?
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 09:19 AM

Just got back from 8 days on Siesta Key at Banyan Tree Beach resort. Loved the location and hated to come home! It was 2 blocks from the beach and 1 block from the Village. You have to cross a road to get to the beach but they have crosswalks and the cars have to stop for you.

We took our 2-year-old in a stroller to the beach and village and had no problems. We wouldn't have had to use the car all week, there's a little grocery store within walking distance too.

The property was all very clean and nice. They had lots of beach items in our closet that we borrowed- beach chairs, beach umbrella, baby float, etc. The kitchen was fully stocked with pots and dishes, etc.

I recommend a trip to the Myakka River State Park- about 30 min. drive from Siesta Key. They have a great tram tour of the park, and we saw several alligators and hawks. They have airboat tours also, but since it hadn't rained much the boats were stuck in the lake.

For a nice getaway go to the Crow's Nest restaurant in Venice. I think it was a 30 minute drive. We had an excellent lunch there with great views of the harbor. Also Venice has a nice beach with great shells.