Search

siesta key

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
siesta key

What is the very nicest hotel/condo to stay at on Siesta Key? Our family wants to plan a trip and we're trying to stay in Florida. They'd like to find something as fancy as possible.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:34 PM

If you want something fancy, maybe try Naples--the Ritz or something similar?? We spent Christmas in Siesta Key last year, and I don't recall anything that looked overly "fancy" from the outside. However, most of the condos we've stayed at in various gulf coast towns have all been really nice.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:39 PM

Well, if you give me your definition of the very nicest??? On the beach, close to the beach, size, close to restaurants/bars/stores, secluded, budget(not necessary, but helpful)???
Give me an idea, and I will try to help. I live here.

For starters you could check this site:
www.siestakeychamber.com
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 05:01 PM
MSS

WWW.palmbayclub.com. This is on Siesta Key, I believe.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

AA Frequent Flyer
When I say nice or fancy I'm referring to something better than the local Holiday Inn but not as expensive as the Ritz. We're trying to take our sons and their wives on a trip every year. We let them have some input. Last year we went to Paradise Island. We stayed at the Comfort Suites with full access to the Atlantis. They loved it!!!!!!! I don't expect to find something like that in Siesta Key, but I do want something as nice as possible. They would love to find an all inclusive. I've not found any in Florida. We like the west coast of Florida better than the east because the water is much prettier. We even talked about a cruise. We're still searching. Someone suggested Palmbay Club. That's probably the nicest I've seen so far. Would we fly into Sarasota? What's your weather like in mid Nov?
Thanks so much.
Kathy
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

It also doesn't have to be Siesta Key. We just want something that would be far enough south to still be warm in mid November. We'd also like to find somewhere with kind of clear water like up in Destin. We were told Siesta Key has the same clear water.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 01:47 PM

If you are going to Siesta Key, they do have flights into Sarasota, but our experience was they were more expensive, and if I recall limited in the number of carriers going in. We flew into Tampa due to the better fares offered/flight options. It's not that bad of a drive down. Since you've clarified "fancy", I think you will be pleased, then, with most of the condos offered. They are all usually fairly nice. Another nice area nearby is Longboat Key/St. Armand's Circle. The nice thing about these areas, including Siesta Key, is that right in that area it is kind of laid back, but Sarasota is right out your door when you want to get back to reality.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 11:07 AM

We spent one week in a timeshare on Siesta Key in December, 2001. It was the Calini Beach Club. The area is wonderful. We drove to the farther out keys--Longboat, which is elegant with many, many rental opportunities, and beyond that to Anna Marie Island. So beautiful! Sarasota is a small, but active city with many cultural offerings. We stayed in Fort Myers Beach last year, but really prefer Sarasota area.
However, there are two wonderful islands known for their sand and seashellsl, Sanibel and Captiva and I would recommend those.
We really prefer the West Coast, and almost
any area from Tampa on down is lovely and
a good choice.