Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites Key West

Search

Sheraton Suites Key West

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Kath K

Sheraton Suites Key West

My husband and I are planning an anniverary trip to the Keys. We will be going in March and looking forward to golf and laying out at the pool. First off, is this a good time for the pool down in the Keys? (Hot enough?)
Next, we are also Starwood Members and are looking into staying at the Sheraton Suites Key West. Is this a good choice? Our other option is the Westin in Key Largo.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:50 PM
susan

The weather in March should be nice...low or mid 80s. The Sheraton Suites are on the Atlantic, which is a bonus to some and an inconvenience to others. You'll need to depend on the shuttle or bikes if you intend to spend much time on the Gulf side (which is where most restaurants and tourist activities are) because parking is difficult. To my knowledge, there are only two public golf courses in the keys: the Key West Golf Club, and another in Key Colony Beach.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Kath

How are the rooms and pool at the Sheraton Suites? Nice or should we consider the Westin in Key Largo?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 06:37 AM
susan

I've never stayed at the Sheraton Suites but I don't remember ever having seen any complaints about the rooms. Again, though, if golf is important to you there's apparently no golf course in Key Largo.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:54 AM
kathk

Well that is good to know. Thank you

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Pamela

My boyfriend stayed at the Sheraton about five years ago. He said that the rooms are nice and big. It's a good deal.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Trev

There are five golf courses in Key Largo. One is avaiable to play and the other three are very private unless you stay at the Ocean Reef Club. The other golf course is at Keysgate's around the Homestead area.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:15 PM
x

Is there horsey backriding too?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Have Some Fun

The only "horseyback riding" is when someone throws a saddle of lard ass Mark!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Trev

I forgot to add, there is a private golf course in Marathon, called Sombrero Country Club at mile marker 50. There is a nine hole par three golf course at the Checca Lodge in Islamorada at mile marker 82. Key Colony Beach Golf Course also has a nine hole par three at mile marker 53.5. If you stay at Hawks Cay, mile marker 61, you have access to the Sombrero Country Club. Marriott in Key Largo has a nine hole par three golf also.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:49 PM
susan

Trev - the reason I limited my comments to Key West and Key Largo is because those are the two places the original poster asked about, and she specifically wanted information for Starwood Members. There's one public golf course in Key West, and according to the phone book, none in Key Largo. The Key Largo Marriott's website says they have a golf course geared to children, but their adult golf course in at Keys Gate in Homestead, about 30 miles away.