Search

Sheraton Maui: Feb 21

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheraton Maui: Feb 21

Hi to all!
I love this forum -- I have learned so much! I do have a quick question regarding the Sheraton. We booked thru Funjet and will be staying there four night in just a little over a week. Is it worth it to ask for an upgrade there? We currently have an ocean view, but our friends have a garden view. Anyone with experience at this hotel?

Thanks to all who post here. Your info has been invaluable to me in preparing for this trip.

Lisa
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:25 AM

Leeza414 - do a search for "Sheraton Maui"...you will be able to read all the reviews and opinons. In 2002 we stayed in partial ocean view... which meant a sliver of the ocean was the in view.. It depends on how much time you will spend in your room and on your Lani.. We found that the time we spent at the Sheraton it was spent around the pool/beach and at the pool side bar for sunset not in our room. If I had a choice between garden and ocean view I would not spend the extra $.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 10:10 AM

Try emailing the resort directly and inquire about upgrade possibilities. They may come back with an offer and then you wouldn't have to hassle with changing or asking for upgrades once you are there. It worked for us!
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, guys! I will try e-mailing the Sheraton direct. I appreciate both posts...
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:37 AM

Leeza414 --Please do a trip report when you return.. Would love to here about your trip.. We are leaving in 27 days for Maui!!!! Mahalo!
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

I will sure do that.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 06:32 AM

I have stayed at the SHeraton Maui many times as I live on Oahu and go there for a break. Wonderful hotel! Do not miss the torch lighting cermony and cliff diver each night, i think. THey also have complimentary Mai Tais during Happy hour. THe ocean veiw is worth it, as the garden view is of the tennis courts and the parking lot area. So if it is affordable for your friends, then do it. Maiu is about watching the sunset and looking out into the ocean and seeing whales (yes it is the season) and a near island Lanai. It is really worth it. THe ocean is magnificant and I live here.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Alohacheryl, for the great info! We are on the countdown to come to your island! I am really looking forward to watching the whales play while I'm sitting out on my balcony...
I did e-mail the Sheraton, and they told me they couldn't upgrade us yet but they'll put a note on our reservations to do it if possible once we check in. I'm hoping my friends can at least get an upgrade from their garden view room. It's OK if we don't, but I am truly hoping they can.

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Just a quick update. The Sheraton did upgrade our friends to a partial ocean view -- right beside our room. I loved the Sheraton and will post a trip report once I get caught up with laundry from the trip!

Also, the Kauai Marriott, who told me via e-mail that they would not upgrade our friends because we had booked through Funjet, also upgraded them to a partial ocean view. In fact, their view was MUCH better than the one we paid for! I called the front desk immediately upon seeing our "view," which was looking directly at the side of another building and the back parking lot, and they did move us. We paid for the ocean view but couldn't see either the pool or the ocean from where we originally were...

We loved Maui and would have loved Kauai (heavy rain two out of three days) and are looking forward to a May 05 trip back to Maui with the kids.