Search

Seward Windsong Inn

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seward Windsong Inn

Has anyone stayed at the Windsong Inn outside Seward? Is it better to stay right in Seward if we don't have a car?
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM

I was considering Windsong, too, until I saw they don't have some of my requirements such as a refrigerator. Are Holiday Inn Express and Hotel Edgewater better choices? Anything else?
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 06:20 PM

The Windsong provides shuttle services, but you might want to phone to be sure they can shuttle you to each place you want to visit. The Holiday Inn is located right next to the small boat harbor in downtown Seward. I think you will be happy either way, unless the Windsong cannot do the shuttling you require.
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 05:12 AM

We were happy with our stay at the Windsong Lodge in June. We were in a deluxe suite, which included a refrigerator and a microwave. I know they have a shuttle service, but since we had a rental car, we did not need to make use of it.
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM

The Windsong is nice enough; we had a suite that had a fridge, dining table and plenty of space. It's nice and not too pricey. Don't bother with the Roadhouse Restaurant-it's a 5 out of 10. Better off eating in town with the locals.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Does anyone have any info on the Edgwater in Seward?
I was told the Seward Windsong Inn was pricey and the staff was not indifferent and not very helpful
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Stayed at the Windsong a year ago. Rooms so so. The help was indifferent, almost rude. I gave them bad reviews on a form we filled out. We did like the small little bar area. Looked at a room at the Edgewater. Nice. The staff was very friendly when we asked about the place. Would definately stay there next time. Plus it was less money and right in town - no shuttle.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM

We had confirmed and paid for reservations at the Windsong for a few nights last September. We arrived to find that the place had closed for the season. We went to the Holiday Inn and were very pleased with it. Right in town, so car not necessary. Ask for a room overlooking the boat harbor.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 06:39 PM

I stayed in the Edgewater in Seward back in 2000. I wouldn't recommend it. Spent way too much on a small room with the smallest closet possible. My room had a balcony with a view of the bay, but that was after you looked beyond the dumpster which was located directly below my room.

The windsong is not close to town; even if you do have a rental car, I wouldn't stay there. Try the Best Western or some other less expensive option than the Edgewater that is still in town.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM

Does anyone have any B&B recomedations? maybe that might be the better way to go
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:02 PM

Seward has a wonderful B&B registry administered by Alaska's Point of View. Most all of the area's B&Bs are described. Care is taken to match visitors' interests with lodging and location. Link: http://www.alaskasview.com/
A good resource.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM

We stayed at the Alaskan Saltwater Lodge in Seward. Two miles south of town at Lowell Point. You'd need a car but it was perfect for us. Quiet, large room, small kitchen area, great view. Reasonable and worth the drive in my opinion. Seward is very small and we enjoyed staying in a family owned lodge.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM

For a B&B in Seward, we loved Soo's... nice house, nice host, excellent breakfast.

http://www.bbonline.com/ak/soos/
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:40 PM

My favorite for sure is Angel's Rest out on Lowell's Point, just a few miles from Seward. You are directly on the water in your own cabin. It's my favorite stay anywhere, ever.

http://www.angelsrest.com/