Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn in Seward AK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm deciding between staying at the Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn while in Seward. (2 adults)

For Breeze Inn, I'm thinking about the standard room for $139+tax per night. For Harborview Inn, I am thinking about an Inn Room for $144+tax per night or the C Street Apt for $159+tax per night.

Has anyone stayed in these rooms? What can you say about each? As I understand, Breeze Inn still has construction going on and some of the rooms may face it. Has anyone stayed with them recently and what was your experience? I will be there in August.

Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 12:57 PM

I stayed at the Harborview Inn and it was quite nice. Location is good for walking either to the harbor or downtown. It was fine. There is a also a fairly new Holiday Inn Express down there. It was just being finished when I was there.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I just booked with them. While I was booking a cruise tour I had asked the lady on the phone who said her relatives had stayed there and thought it was nice as well.
The Holiday Inn Express was a bit too expensive at $199 a night.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:06 PM

The people that run the place are very nice. I liked this location better than the Breeze Inn. Also, there is a laundromat on the next street if you need to wash clothes while you are there. It is an easy walk to the harbor, a little bit farther downtown, but I did it both ways. Enjoy your trip.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:30 PM

We stayed at the Harborview Inn's off-property duplexes and they were very, very nice.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Oh good there's a laundromat close by in case we do need to do some laundry. Good to know, thanks! Do you know if there is a general store to buy drinks and snacks? I booked a 4 hour kayaking tour with Miller's Landing but no food is provided so I'll need to bring some.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 09:53 PM

I have to say after spending a good 2 or three weeks in Sewerd, its nice to stay down closer to the water. Now I know where I stayed is not cheap and always booked (Edgewater) overhyped really. However, this is the Hotel Seward just up the street, also the Van Guiler(old heritage hotel). There are also some B and B's as well around there. Its just nicer down there in my opinion. There are nice shops, lots to eat, the research center for sealife, the museum, if you feel like treking up Mt. marathon its right there etc.
The breeze inn and such are near the harbor which is nice as well but all the charter tours are set up there and the cruise liners and not much else.
However, I understand it is a cost thing, the difference in prices from the time we were there in January versus now was unbelievable!