Gasparilla Inn, Boca Grande

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've googled it but I can't find the web address. Does anyone know it? Thanks.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 09:57 AM

Go to www.useppa.com
In the upper area, click on "accomodations" then click on "Gasparilla Inn". That should take you there.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

I see Collier Inn and Gasparilla Cottage listed under accomodations but no Gasparilla Inn. Is Gasparilla Cottage the same as the Gasparilla Inn?
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 10:27 AM

I am so very sorry. I just assumed they were the same. Maybe they're not. You may want to call this place and ask them.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Neopolitan

Useppa Island is NOT Boca Grande. The Gasparilla Cottage is indeed an inn on Useppa Island, but that has nothing to do with Gasparilla Inn at Boca Grande.

Sadly, in all it's old fashioned wonder, the Gasparilla Inn doesn't have a website. If you want to know more you must do the unthinkably old-fashioned -- pick up a telephone and call them.

You will find some reviews on Trip Advisor, if that helps.

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM

They have a website. Here it is:

http://www.thegasparilla.com/

It's kind of a strange website. If you want to see Accomodations, click on "Accomodations" and then scroll down and click on one of the three small pictures for the inn, cottages, etc.

Looks like a great place!!
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Neopolitan

Congratulations on finding that, Austin Traveler. (You must have an advantage being a Texan. As you may know this has long been a winter destination of the Bush family.)

Yes, it is a weird site -- and was a difficult one to find. We used to love going up by boat and having lunch there, but haven't been in years. Maybe it's time for a trip. . .

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Thanks Neo. I don't really think it had anything to do with being a Texan. I've only been here less than two years! Actually, I lived in SW Florida and always heard about the Gasparilla when I was there. Never did make it out there though. I just got curious and Googled.

Didn't know about it being a Bush retreat. I guess I'll forgive the Inn for that!
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to check out the website right now.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 03:37 PM

We stayed at the Gasparilla Inn about 6 years ago. It is a very nice, large, well maintained quaint,old inn. We went with a group and those who were used to Ritz type hotels were not thrilled with the accommodations. We had our meals there and everyone agreed that the dinners were fabulous.

The Inn is not on the beach and I really don't remember much of the beach. The pool area is a walk down the street. Several people golfed and biked. I also remember some cottages on the grounds that looked really nice.

Since that trip we have switched to the beach cottages at Seaside. We go in the offseason when they are more affordable and have fallen in love with the beaches there on 30A. The Inn at Watercolor looks really wonderful. We watched as they built the whole Watercolor development. Great restaurants on this stretch of the Panhandle.