Reload this Page >

Sept. weather in Charlston ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Eva

How is the weather in Sept ? Is it still hot and humid? In your opinion what is a good time for a visit ?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Randa

September is indeed very hot and humid here in SC. Expect temps to still be in the 90's. I like to visit Charleston mid-Oct. thru November, or March and April.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Danna

I'll disagree a bit w/ Randa. September can vary a bit depending on early or late in the month. Often the nights and mornings are starting to cool off by late Sept.

Also, I find that when one is very close to the beach, i.e. Charleston, the breezes make the weather enjoyable, unlike several miles inland where it can get kind-of sticky. I'm going there in July, no problem. Of course, I was born and live in SC, so I have a high heat tolerance. I did take my Wisconsin in-laws there in late Aug and they didn't die.

Prepare yourself for the distant possibility that you will have rain or worse due to a hurricane. I had reservations on Isle of Palms in September of 1989 that had to be cancelled (Hugo).

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Eva

Thanks for the info ! To avoid the possible hurricanes end of Sept. or Oct. would be a better choice, right ?I don't mind the heat too much,if it doesn't get over 90. I'm looking forward to our first trip to Charleston!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Danna

Sorry - I think hurricane season goes through November. You might check with weather.com. They might also have some specific daily average highs.

Also, I personnally think the ocean gets too cold to swim by late September.

If it were me, I would go in mid September. Prob. not too hot, and the hotel prices may be lower after Labor Day.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Danna

http://www.weather.com/weather/clima...nthly/USSC0051