Sedona - Any indoor pools? for the kids in March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have airline reservations into Phoenix next March with 3 kids (7, 10, 13). I plan on going to the Grand Canyon for 1 or 2 nights. I'm thinking of staying in Sedona instead of Phoenix, but would like an indoor pool for the kids.

Are there any accomodations/hotels/condos that have indoor pools?

Olga
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:32 PM
emd

None indoor that I know of. But the Hyatt's outdoor pool may be pretty well heated because it is open year round.

My husband and I have bene going there for many years and plan to live in Sedona part of the year when we retire. I have always thought that a hotel should put in a big indoor pool and start selling memberships for all of the Sedona retirees and other residents. But it hasn't happened yet.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM

Hilton does sell pool memberships to its spa to the residents. We have visited there in March and the heated water was quite nice.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 04:53 PM
emd

Oh, I see on the Hilton website that they do have a lap pool in the spa that I assume is inddors; I didn't know that, that is great info for my husband and I. Thanks, wsoxrebel. And I recall that you liked the Hilton.

For OlgaM, is it the type of pool where 3 kids can play though, or is it a spa pool for adults?
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

I called the Hilton. They do not have an indoor pool. The concierge did not know of any hotel that had an indoor pool. She suggested going to Flagstaff - but then the liklihood of snow on the ground is greater.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Olga
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:12 AM

enchantment resort
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Hyatt's pool is well heated. It was getting plenty of use even in the evenings around Thanksgiving when we were there...not by us wimps though.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 06:55 AM

emd - Hilton has separate indoor facilities for men and women. I presume they are identical in size and quality. Womens' side has indoor jacuzzi that could probably fit over 12 people comfortably. It was the largest one I have ever seen. Indoors also has steam room, sauna, private showers, private lockers. While in the huge jacuzzi, I met a few locals, who told they had purchased annual memberships. I was quite jealous!

Adjacent to indoor facilities are the exterior facilities of heated lappool and jacuzzi. I think I also remember a volleyball court.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:58 AM
emd

I think the pool the poster is speaking of at Enchantment is also a small indoor spa pool, not a pool for kids to play in.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:35 AM

If you want an indoor pool because of the weather, that may not be an issue. We were there in March a few years ago, Sedona was warm enough for swimming outdoors. The Grand Canyon on the other hand, had a snow storm!