Phoenix-Sedona

Old Nov 24th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix-Sedona

My wife and I will be traveling to Phoenix and Sedona at the end of February for 10 days.

We will be staying at the following places and we would like to have some feedback.
Phoenix:
Pointe Hilton Tapatio:
Scottsdale Resort Club:
Legacy Golf Resort

Sedona:
L'Auberge de Sedona
Los Abrigados

We will be driving from Phoenix to Sedona the first of March and will remain in Sedona until the 6th of March.
How is the weather around this time of the year and how is the driving.

We will also be driving from Sedona to pick up the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams.
How is the driving and how long should take from Sedona.
Has anyone taken this railway?
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 12:28 PM

We did Phoenix, Sedona and Las Vegas last March and had a fantastic time.

We stayed at the other Pointe Hilton resort (Squaw Peak) which was family vacation heaven with planned and supervised pool activities for the kids. Hubby golfed at Pointe Hilton Tapatio and enjoyed it. If you are HH, look into the golf vacation packages, they are a great deal. The worst part of the week was the $$$ herbal wrap at Squaw Peak's spa which was sort of a disappointment.

Phoenix was HOT in March at the baseball spring training events. Sedona was markedly cooler and even chilly in the evening which made it perfect for enjoying the outdoor jacuzzi. I also must recommend the Hilton Sedona which has a great new $1M spa and fireplaces in the rooms.

If you drive a little further north to Flagstaff, you will go through a forest with snow on the ground.

The temperature differences were extreme between Phoenix, Sedona, Flagstaff in early March.

The drive is beautiful because of the terrain changes. Try to stop at the National Park along the way to see the ancient cave dwellings if you can, too.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Uma

L'Auberge de Sedona is very nice. I would highly recommend Enchantment Resort over Los Abrigados.Los Abrigados is next door to Tlaquepaque, which has several
restaurants and unique shops and art galleries. But we stayed there recently for a conference my husband was attending and found our room to be incredibly dark and musty smelling. Furniture reminded me of college dorms.
Other people at the conference felt the same way about this resort. Enchantment
is in Boynton Canyon, with spectacular views all around you. Also has a great
spa, and their own entrance to a hiking
trail. There is no comparison.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 06:29 AM

A few of those are very nice but why are you staying @ 5 different places for a 10 day trip ? I would stick w/Pointe Hilton & the L-Auberge & don't miss the restaurant at the later.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Azergo,

Did you end up staying at Legacy Golf Resort? We are considering staying there and would love some feedback.