Please help with resort lodging in Sedona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read and read in this forum, trip advisor, etc. to find the best place for us in Sedona. It is my husband's 50th birthday and we are planning a trip (with the kids, 12 & 9) to Sedona the end of October. I am looking for a resort type stay (nice pool). I know the Enchantment is preferred; however, the rates are $400plus right now. I have booked a 1 bdrm suite at the Hilton for $240/night. Will I be disappointed if I don't splurge for the Enchantment? Also, it looks like the averge temp is only mid to low 70's. Will the kids be able to swim? Thank you for your help.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM

You can always visit the Enchantment, eat lunch or dinner, go to the spa. Sedona is a beautiful, spiritual, mystical place. Maybe you can stay at the Enchantment for a special anniversary? I think it is always good to stay at family-friendly place where kids have extra space. Yes, the kids should be able to swim, but they will want a big, fuzzy, warm towel when they get out of the pool.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM
emd

Hilton also has the only indoor pool in Sedona.

IMO, no you will not be disappointed by not staying at Enchantment. It is by far NOT the only nice place to stay in town. I have stayed at Enchantment a few times and have also stayed at many other places in Sedona and I personally think that Enchantment is way over-rated in many ways. Sedona is a destination all its own; you are going to get there and just be in awe of how beautiful it is. And the Hilton is a very nice place to stay, esp. w a 1 bedrm. suite. It is also a bit away from the crowded area like Enchantment is, it is just on the other side of Sedona, a bit before you get into town on 179A.

Enjoy spending the money you'll save by staying at Hilton over Enchantment and spend some of it on a nice birthday dinner. Do go out to Dry Creek Rd. in west Sedona and enjoy the hiking trails and mesas and vistas out in the area around Enchantment- they are open to you no matter where you stay.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear I've made the correct choice. You know, people rave about Enchantment on this site, but from the web pictures, it doesn't really look that great Now, any suggestions on good...no GREAT restaurants?
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 01:14 PM
emd

At the Hilton, you will be close to Cucina Rustica. It is just lovely in decor and has very very good food and service. It would be my choice for a birthday.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Okay I'm having a change of heart. I'm a little worried that it will be too cool in Sedona to enjoy the resort with my family. I'm thinking of instead lodging in Scottsdale at the JW Camelback Marriott resort and just day-trip to SEdona. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 02:12 PM
emd

It will not be too cool to enjoy Sedona. It's warm and wonderful. Oct. is considered of the two best months for weather there, April being the other one (although Dec.-Feb. are my favorites). The outdoor time, hiking, biking, and just soaking in the Red Rocks is spectacular at end of Oct. And you will have the nice indoor pool at Hilton.

BUT, if you really just want to hang out at a resort and be in and at the OUTDOOR pool, then Sedona is not the place, IMO. You would be better off in Scottsdale for that. There is much more "pool action" there.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 05:35 AM

We recommend the SEDONA REAL. a super place. Cant remember room rates but they are not bad at all plus great location.
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 05:49 AM

We went to Arizona a few years ago at the end of October and stayed at The Enchantment for a few days. It was wonderful ... I really want to go back again. The weather was great and warm -- we were in shorts every day. There is a nice pool area at the Enchantment with beautiful views right in the canyon.