Seattle to Vancouver

Search

Seattle to Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle to Vancouver

I am planning to travel to Seattle around August 18th, want to stay 2 nights, then head to Vancouver, B.C., Canada for 3 nights before getting back to Seattle and flying home. Although I book online and plan my own European trips twice a year, I'm afraid I have no clue about the northwest adventure I'm planning for my sister and I. Help please with hotel recommendations, transportation tips to Vancouver, and a possible itinerary! Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 02:14 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you plan on having a car?
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 02:38 PM

Do a search on this site for "Seattle and another Vancouver B.C.
these cities are very popular subjects and there wwill be lots of info Be sure to watch the dates on the postings as some of them go back months and months
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:55 PM

My two favorite places to stayeattle-Gaslight Inn(on Capitol Hill-you will need a car maybe but could take public transport). It's a hip neighborhood with lots of restuarants. SAFE for 2 women

Vancouver'Canada House-in WestEnd within walking distance to Robson Street.SAFE for 2 women withor without a car.
The breakfast is great and the service divine.

Both inns have websites.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:55 PM

Those icons were imposed not intended
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 06:42 AM

When I visit a large city, I like a hotel which is conveniently located so I can easily go there to rest in the afternoon if I want. If you have the same preference, in Seattle select a hotel within two or three blocks of 4th and Pine and in Vancouver near Robson Street between about Jervis and Burrand.

There is train service between Seattle and Vancouver and there is also bus service (see www.quickcoach.com).

Go to www.frommers.com for suggestions about sightseeing highlights and other ideas.
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 02:29 PM

Jim has it nailed. Take the train up (pack some cheese and wine.....don't forget glasses and a corkscrew). My favorite Inn is the Inn at the Market. Campagne is a good restaurant $$$. In Vancouver seek out the Chinese area! Dynamite.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all--we're booked now at the Hotel Andra for the first part of our Seattle trip, then Inn At the Market on the last day before flying out. We'll take Amtrak to Vancouver (which turned out to have a bus icon by it????), and I'm still searching for a hotel there, near Robson street as you all have suggested. Thanks!
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The bus icon means you will be riding a bus and not the train. It is well and truly worth it to (a) get up early enough to take the 7:45 northbound real train, or (b) drive up (even if it means dropping your rental car for an additional fee) and take the train back. The Amtrak bus would be the option I'd pick only if Greyhound was the only alternative.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 08:21 AM

My husband and I have taken this trip twice and loved it! We rented a car in Seattle and drove all the way to Vancouver, where we spent several days, then on to The Aerie, outside of Victoria. The driving was long but very scenic and beautiful. I agree about the hotel close to Robson. There is so much to do you will have a great time. I do recommend the drive if you have time. It is lovely.