Seattle hotel for wedding night

Old Aug 13th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle hotel for wedding night

Hi all,

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out where to stay on the night before and of our wedding. We're getting married October 1, 2005, at the Seattle Aquarium. Here are my main considerations:
I would like to stay in the same hotel as most of my guests, so it should be relatively inexpensive (say under $200 per night).
I would like it to be near the Aquarium, preferably within walking distance.
I would like it to be fabulously sexy and romantic (it's a wedding night, after all!).

I recognize that all three factors cannot probably combine into one hotel. This is why I need your help! Which hotel is the best compromise?

1) Marriott Waterfront: like the fact that guests can walk to the Aquarium from here, and like plush new rooms. Don't like the $575 rate for the junior suite and $219 avg. room rate for my guests.

2) Inn at the Market: only the $575 suite remains, and other rooms may be too pricey for my younger guests. But it's SOOO close to the Aquarium, and it looks like a lovely place.

3) Hotel Andra: great deals on Expedia and Orbitz at the moment reducing rooms to around $150, and suites to $200. But not walking distance to the Aquarium, and the decor may be too cold for wedding night. But also a good hotspot to meet up with friends after the rehearsal and reception.

4) Hotel Monaco: love the sexy decor -- probably my favorite for atmosphere, but it's expensive and not within walking distance to the Aquarium.

5) Hotel Alexis: closer to the Aquarium than other boutique hotels, but expensive (same as Monaco). Looks to be pleasantly decorated, though.

Any other ideas, or anything else I should consider about my options above? I really just need to get this decision over with so I can move on to the next thing-to-do.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 07:07 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
re Marriott Waterfront, I *really* don't like the location of this hotel as it's wedged in under the viaduct/highway, between the rail road tracks and the busy street along the waterfront. It may be OK inside, but it's just in a downright ugly location IMO.

Except for Andra, none of these meet your own criteria for under $200 per night, do they?

Probably doesn't work in your situation but before I opened your post, just from the title, The Sorrento is what I planned to suggest. Fabulous old hotel. Very classy and honeymoon worthy.

It's going to be a bit tricky simply because the Aquarium is located on the waterfront in an area away from most of the hotels.

The Mayflower Park is where my out-of-town guests usually stay. It's in your price range, and closer than Andra, but still not near the Aquarium.

Maybe you'll have to choose hotel for other reasons and people will take taxis to the wedding?
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 07:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
p.s. even Inn at the Market would be a bit of a hike on foot to the Aquarium. Have you visited? It might look close on a map but I'm picturing the Market, and getting down to the waterfront. Hmmm...
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 09:57 AM

The Alexis is quite elegant IMO...I prefer it over its sister hotel, the Monaco, and it's actually within reasonable walking distance from the Acquarium (more so than the Inn at the Market because it's basically level with the waterfront). With some digging you should be able to find rooms there at or below $200/night for October. Have you tried calling the hotel to book a block of rooms?
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Suze and NWWanderer. I'm definitely going to have to let go of wanting to stay right near the Aquarium.

I just checked out your other suggestions, and after discussion with the fiance, we've made reservations at Hotel Andra in a Lux Suite for $220 a night. Pretty great rate, so I just hope the hotel is romantic enough.

Thanks again!