Seaside Beach Club in Seaside, OR

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 01:55 PM
HMC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seaside Beach Club in Seaside, OR

Has anyone stayed at the Seaside Beach Club in Seaside, Oregon? We're looking for an oceanfront place to stay for 2 nights during Thanksgiving and this place is the most reasonable we've found. Just wondering if anyone had any comments on it.

Thanks.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 08:22 AM

I haven't stayed here since we have a beach cottage in the area, but the location is excellent. Beautiful views of the ocean and Tillamook Head from the rooms.

Have a great time in Seaside, we had planned to go there for a week ourselves, but we have water polo championships and have opted for Disnelyland instead. For great eats in Seaside, check out the Bigfoot Pub & Grub, Sam's Seaside Cafe, Lil Bayou for Cajun, and Norma's Ocean Diner for the award-winning clam chowder. Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe up the road a bit in Gearhart can't be beat for an excellent meal.

Corpeny's for breakfast and lunch and McKeown's for any meal. ***kim***
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 11:23 AM

I've not stayed there either, HMC, but I have been to Seaside. Have you? Where are you traveling from?

You might check Schooner's Cove Inn, Cannon Beach, 10 minutes south of Seaside. It's oceanfront, and I think with comparable rates.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 01:49 PM
HMC
Original Poster

We are traveling from Arkansas to visit my husband's grandma. We have stayed in Seaside before. The rates at Seaside Beach Club are around $82.50/night because they are having a 2 for 1 special during that time. We wanted to stay at Schooner's Cove, but their holiday rates are in effect for the time we're going to be there. We really need a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom so the rates at Seaside Beachclub seem great.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Hi again HMC, have you considered Inn of the Four Winds? It's a gorgeous property and a Queen Oceanview room there goes for around $99/night Thanksgiving week and $109/night on Thanksgiving Day.. www.innofthefourwinds.com ***kim***
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 03:50 PM

Okay HMC, I just wanted to be sure you knew what Seaside is like. IMO, it's far from representative of the best of Oregon's coast. I hope you find a place you like within your budget, and enjoy your trip here.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 07:46 AM

HMC, I remember you posting once that you enjoyed Dooger's in Seaside, so I knew you had been there before. It's a gorgeous part of the coast and you're close to Cannon Beach and Astoria if you feel like you want to visit those areas.

We finally made it to Dooger's and some good salmon there, but we actually liked Sam's Seaside Cafe better for the informal, beachy atmosphere. Dooger's is really a BIG tourist trap now, IMO. Hope you're able to make it over to Pacific Way Bakery for at least one meal, they do serve lunch also.

Let us know how it goes, wherever you decide to stay. Cheers! ***kim***