Search

Sealodge/Hestara

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sealodge/Hestara

My husband and I are thinking about going to Kauai in October. We are considering using Hestara.com to reserve a Sealodge condo.
If anyone has used Hestara, what did you think of them?
Also, what is the C8 and E2 units like? Thanks!
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM

Stayed at SeaLodge several years ago. Very enjoyable. We rented directly from owner at I think VRBO but not sure. Views are wonderful. Never made the hike down to the beach however. We love being close to Hanalei and there is everything you need in Princeville. Also much quieter than Poipu.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 07:43 PM

I'm at Sealodge right now--sitting on the patio and marveling at the gorgeous view! Checked in last night. This is my fifth visit -- and I truly love it here. I've never booked through Hestara--but those units look great. I've either booked directly with owners thru VRBO.com -- or through www.kauai-vacations-ahh.com and I've had great experiences every time. I especially liked the unit I got from www.nakearentals.com and am very impressed with the one I'm in at the moment: D-4 which I booked through the owner.

Looks like your main decision is whether you prefer a third floor (with a balcony) or ground level where you can walk right out to walk along the cliff.

I always used to go for the higher floors -- but the last couple of times I've chosen the ground floor and enjoyed being that little bit closer to the ocean. Either way, you'll love it.
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM

wow...did you stick with the original plan? C8 and I think E2 are amazing units. We were just there and had an amazing time partly due to the units and how nice they were. Both ground and top floor units are available from Hestara. We've been renting through them for over 10 years now- they have the best units.

Steve
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

stevebottini-

We had our trip planned for October 2-10, 2009 but due to my husband getting laid off from work we had to cancel.
We have re-booked and are now going September 17-25, 2010 and will be staying in the C8!

We have been to Kauai twice and have stayed in the Sealodge D7 and D8. We really love the Sealodge and North Shore. Tell me all about the C8...is it as awesome in person as the pictures depict?
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Excellent! You'll love it there. Did you talk with Terri...or Jerry (gal) at Hestara.com? She was great. Down to earth and really told us how the units were. C8 is a great one.
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 10:44 AM

Sorry the website is, www.hestara.com. I think I had the wrong one. This is a long time agency who has the best units in Sealodge plus great rates.