Schaumburg IL to Chicago at night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure where my original post (one hour ago) went, but I'll try again. Plan to surprise DH w/tix to see his favorite obscure English group at Park West in Chicago. We'll stay in Schaumburg (as far as I am willing to drive) but need to get to Park West on Friday evening by 7pm, and then back to Schaumburg. Can't ask hubby to drive this on his birthday, at rush hour on Friday of a holiday weekend. Any suggestions? Hire a driver, Metra? Thanks Sue
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 05:06 AM

Your original post just went further down the list. Actually, it's still on the first page at the time I'm posting this.

To find your previous posts, just click your name up at the top of this page.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Cassandra

No answer to the other post, either, so might as well top this one for runnerjeff.

You will be going SOMEWHAT counter-rush traffic, although there's a reverse-direction rush more and more.

If you can afford it, wouldn't it be just more fun to have a driver, esp. to get back out to Schaumburg (after celebrating)?

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Count of big road traffic. If there is a baseball game it will be worse. Rush hour goes in both directions these days. I live in the Schaumburg area.

I would take Metra and pick up the EL. I believe that either the red line or brown line will get you where you want to go. Go to CTA website for more info on that. From Schaumburgs hotel area (Woodfield region) I prefer the Roselle station which has plenty of free parking. You can go to the Metra web site to see the schedule, you will be looking for the Milwaukee District West Line...Elgin to Chicago.

To get to the Roselle Station you just go South on Plum Grove Road till you get there. About the time you start thinking the neighborhood is too residential, you are almost there. It is about 1 mile or less South of Nerge RD on Plum Grove. Anyone in Schaumburg can tell you how to get to Plum Grove Rd.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 06:16 AM

Friday night rush hour into the city from that area is often worse than outbound so I would also go with metra and the El. A driver would be fun but won't solve your traffic problems, maybe you want a driver back when time won't be an issue and you can relax!
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 07:36 AM

By the way, I just noticed your email. Are you coming from The Dells region by any chance? Just curious. I have a relative @charter who lives in Reedsburg.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 08:27 AM

I lived in the Schaumburg area & worked down near Wrigley field. Going into the city on any weekend night or day seems to be as bad as or worse than, rush hour. The if you can get on I-90 before 2pm on Friday's, it isn't too bad, but by 3pm things traffic starts backing up & by 3:30 4pm it really backs up & gets worse until it starts tapering off about 6:30pm - 7pm, some Fridays later than that depending upon accicdents or activities going on in the city.
One possible back way into the city is to maybe take Irving Park road, but with the stoplights & commuter train tracks & stops, it could take longer, but not always. I have taken that way
just past the airport but not all the way into the city.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

placeu2: Yes, the Dells is 45 mins from here. We've lived in Madison for 14 yrs, but just made our first trip to Reedsburg last week (the world's BEST quilt shop).
Thanks for your help about Schaumburg travel. We actually go down there a couple times a year for the horse racing at Arlington and eating at Fresh Tomatoes, very good "healthy" buffet place. We'll try Metra down & a driver back.