Savannah-Hampton Inn Bay St.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the early stages of "hopeful" trip to Savannah in May and see that many people suggest the Hampton Inn on Bay St. I did a search on pricing and they list a room with one double bed for $40 less than their king bed. Has anyone had any experience with their double bed room? It's just my husband and I going and we actually don't mind the smaller bed if it will save us money. Thank you in advance for the input!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:08 AM

$40 would be worth it to me to have a king bed for 2 instead of a double. I would imagine the double bed room would be smaller, but other than that (and the bed size) can't imagine significant differences in the room or room quality.

My usual corner king room is VERY big and spacious.

Sign up for the Hilton Honors program and use that number when you make the reservation. If you make the reservation online, enter a comment "upgrade to king if available". Also, enter your AAA number and save more on the room (sign up for AAA if you aren't already a member. The hotel savings are worth the membership fee).
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM

I would call hotel directly - we have stayed there many times and never seen a double bed - only queen and king.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 03:33 AM

We recently stayed at a Hampton Inn in Titusville/Fl with two double beds. Each double was comfortable for two persons.

However, we also stayed at Embassy Suites in Atlanta (which is one level above Hampton Inn within the Hilton family) in a suite with two double beds, and these beds were very narrow for two people. Strange. So better call the hotel ask for width.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

I took everyone's advice and called the hotel. A nice lady at the other end of the line said that the rooms are about half of the size of other rooms and that they are at the end of the hallway. They offer all other ammenites though. Thanks!