Hampton Inn Islamorada

Search

Hampton Inn Islamorada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hampton Inn Islamorada

Any comments about this hotel? We're considering it for a short stay - 4 nights or so. Read somewhere that they say queen-sized beds but they are really double beds. This would be a dealbreaker for me. Anyone know for sure? I will call the hotel, but their website ressies do list both types.
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM

I looked at the web site. Two queen beds is two queen beds. If that's what you book, I'm sure that's what you will get.

It appears the double beds are in the suite with a kitchen.

Print out your reservation.

Old Sep 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
GoTravel

It is really much nicer than your average Hampton Inn.

More like a resort.

Old Sep 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

I think I didn't explain my real question which is - have people been promised 2 queen beds and ended up with 2 double beds - even though they had their confirmation, etc. And, was it a 1x thing or does it happen often. You know those reviews posted on-line can be misleading.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 02:43 AM

Your question:

"I think I didn't explain my real question which is - have people been promised 2 queen beds and ended up with 2 double beds - even though they had their confirmation, etc."

My answer:

No, though you must understand that in most states, hotels can't force registered guests to leave. Because this is a much better than average Hampton Inn in a fabulous location, there may be times when people don't leave when scheduled and the hotel doesn't have enough of the specified type of room to meet their reservation commitments. In these cases, they will usually upgrade you automatically to a better room. But if all the better rooms are gone . . . .

There is no certainty in travel, and you have to meet these situations with humor and serenity.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM

I am a frequent guest at this location. The pool area is very nice with a mini beach that is pleasant. Having the Outback Steakhouse attached is convenient. You are walking distance from Lazy Daze, one of Islamorada's nicer restaurants. If you are fishing Bud n Mary's also walking distance.

The staff at the hotel has always been friendly and efficient.

The 2 BR suites have a generous sitting area and efficiency kitchen. Comfortable for two couples.

I am by myself when I stay, and can't recall that the beds seem undersized. I agree you should call the hotel and confirm.