Help with Roycroft Inn, New York!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Roycroft Inn in East Aurora, New York? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I haven't stayed there but I saw the rooms years ago and am familiar with the Inn. It is a beautifully restored Inn with a great restaurant. The town of East Aurora is very quaint, with nice shopping and other restaurants. What are you looking for?
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM

I have stayed there quite a few times when visiting relatives in the area. Highly recommend it. Beautifully restored Arts and Crafts style decor/architecture. As I recall, their website has some historical information about the inn and the Roycrofters. I will say that the last time I looked at their website, I didn't think the pictures did the place justice. For some reason the pictures they used made the place look drab and it really isn't. The inn has a very distinct, authentic style. Friendly, competent staff; OK restaurant.

let me know if you have any speciific questions.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

This sounds like a great place to stay since I love the Arts & Crafts style. Would you recommend staying in a guest house room or a 3 or 4 room suite? Do you know if the rooms have private baths? Their rates seem very reasonable so I figured something had to be wrong. What kind of area is the inn located at. Thanks so much for the help.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM

Patti,
The guest house rooms are smaller than the rooms in main part of the inn - they are just rooms as opposed to suites, so I guess it depends on how much space you want/need. All the rooms and suites are nicely decorated and attractive, and all have private baths. Some of the bathrooms are gigantic. Their term "suite" is not what you might expect - for one thing, they are counting the bathroom as one of the rooms. The other 2 rooms in a 3 room suite include a bedroom and some sort of general sitting area (or what I think of as the extra/non-bed-/non-bathroom)- they are all configured and furnished differently. Last time, we ended up with what looked like a dining room - large oak table with 2 chairs and a floor lamp. I think it's the period authenticity that dictates what they put in each room or suite.

We usually stay only 1 or 2 nights so I'm OK with whatever they have available, but prefer a 3 room suite to a room in the guest house. I don't know about the 4 room suites - might be 2 bedrooms.

The area is very nice - mainly residential in the immediate area. Shops and restaurants within walking distance.

By the way, I looked at the website again and it is greatly improved. Brighter pictures that give a better sense of the inn and restaurant.

I think it's reasonably priced just because it's in East Aurora.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Spring, thank you so much for all the information. I think I will book a 3 room suite which sounds wonderful. It sounds like the perfect place to stay. Thanks so much, I love this travel forum, people are so helpful.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 05:02 PM

Glad to be able to help. For many years, the Roycroft was the only hotel in East Aurora so I've gotten to know it pretty well.
Have a great trip.