Saratoga springs, NY- Favorite Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for a great restaurant ( fine dining or semi casual) in Saratoga springs, NY area or surrounding towns - Don't mind paying good money for good food-
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Tak

There are so many great restaurants in Saratoga Springs. "Hattie's" is great semi-casual. It is so reasonably priced for the food quality. The Fried Chicken is the best I've ever had.
"8 Tables" is expensive but the service and food were excellent. "Circus Cafe" is great casual atmosphere for burgers and salads, and very reasonably priced. Best bagels are at "Uncommon Grounds.""Sushi Tai" is very clean, good food and great service, casual. "Pacific Rim" now on Putnam Street is fabulous. It's a little pricey but good.
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM

Hattie's is great but it's packed.Very casual and expect to wait to get in. Also, menu is mostly fried chicken and some seafood. If that's not what you want, you're out of luck. And the fried chicken really is that good but the portions are too big and I though their split plate fee was out of line.

Max London's is really good, more upscale. Weekday lunch is a great value. If you eat there, skip the desserts and go next door to the bakery owned by the chefs parents, "Mrs Londons".
I went there for breakfast or dessert every day of a recent trip (the bakery that is)
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 07:54 AM

I haven't been too impressed with options for fine dining in Saratoga Springs.
Prime is a very nice steak house at the Saratoga National Golf Course, but very expensive.
I also like Chianti, but was disappointed on my last visit.
For more semi-casual
I like Pennell's on Jefferson (on the way to the trotter track/racino). It is old fashioned, red-sauce Italian. Very friendly service, nice feel.
Had a great Sunday brunch at Max London's.
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM
J62

The food (steaks) at Prime is consistently good, but it's not in town and the atmosphere can seem a little business stuffy or overly formal setting. It's not your neighborhood bistro atmosphere.

Chianti is usually very good - sorry to hear you were disappointed lat visit marilyn

Hatties is good, definitely very casual and always packed. It's traditional southern fried chicken fare.