Search

san simeon lodging

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
san simeon lodging

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Cavalier Resort in San Simeon or heard anything about it?
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 11:28 AM

Stayed there last November and it was fine.
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:28 PM

you also might want to check out hotels/motels in Cambria; it is only a 10 min. drive to the castle. Check out the Moonstone Properties or Ollieberry Inn
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 03:35 PM

We stayed at the Best Western Cavalier last spring and liked it very much. The bonfire at sunset was fun, we met a lot of interesting people sitting around the fire. The room was a large "upper end" motel - good quality soaps and shampoos, and robes. I would suggest a ocean view room on the second floor. There were also hundreds of seals on the beach a few miles north of the motel. I understand they are seasonal, but it would be worth asking about at the motel.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 08:39 PM

You can go to the website below and read 12 other reviews about this place.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 09:37 AM

We prefer the lodging on Moonstone Drive in Cambria. We have stayed at the Blue Whale Inn, the Fireside and most recently the Cypress Cove Inn. My favorite was the Cypress Cove. It is very quaint, intimate, room was beautiful with fireplace and full oceanview. It comes with an extended continental breakfast served in their breakfast room with a warm fire going while you eat. Their sister property is the Fog Catcher, where Cypress guest can use their pool free of charge. It's beautiful on Moonstone Beach.

I would recommend the Sow's Ear in Cambria for dinner. If you love seafood, The Sea Chest can't be beat for fresh seafood. They do not take reservations or credit cards so be prepared for a wait. The diners line up outside the door and one couple was gracious enough to share his wine with the diners waiting outside. They drove from Paso Robles for dinner.
I would also recommend a stop at Linn's where you can purchase ollallieberry desserts!! Their chicken pot pies are excellent. We stock up and take them home!! Cambria is one of my favorite vacation destinations in California!! ***kim***