Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Cambria - Best Western Fireside Inn?

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any comments on this hotel? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens), so while I understand that the area is full of wonderful inns and B&B's I think a hotel might be better for the kids. I would appreciate any comments. We would be arriving from Yosemite and heading to Hearst Castle and then on to Monterey after a one night stay.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 05:35 AM

Not familiar with that BW, but you might check out the Best Western that's oceanfront in San Simeon. Its only a couple miles from Hearst Castle, a bit pricey, but incredible views.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Ellen,
Thanks, I did check it out, but the king rooms (newly renovated) are very expensive and not in the same area as the double bedded rooms. We would be far from the kids and also renovation is still underway.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Susan:

Is the Fireside on Moonstone beach??? Otherwise it is probably in the town of Cambria. Any thing on the ocean will be much more expensive than in town, plus B & Bs will be very expensive also in comparison. For one night it will probably be OK. We were in Cambria last year in November and had a hard time getting a one night room on the weekend: two night minimum required. Try a search above for Cambria and see what comes up. Good luck on your trip.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 08:35 AM

A couple of years ago we stayed at the Motel 6 in Cambria and it was great for what we needed - we could see the ocean from our room - the whole place was a lot more "upscale" than we expected. I did hear it gets very booked up in the summer (we were there in Dec.) We only stayed one night as we were on our way to S.F.