San Francisco - Grand Hyatt

Aug 24th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

San Francisco - Grand Hyatt

Has anyone stayed at Grand Hyatt, Union Square? In particular the Regency rooms, is it worth the upgrade?
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:17 PM

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt last December and were quite satisfied. The staff was really great and our room was comfortable. My only complaint was the street noise - our room was on the 5th floor so I would request a room on a higher floor because the outside of the building didn't seem to be sound-proofed all that well.

We stayed in a standard room, which was really good, although a bit small. I don't know what the regency rooms are like, but I imagine they would be bigger. If I were planning to spend time in the hotel room, it might be worth the upgrade.
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:18 PM

Hi Marrion, yes I have but do not remember what it cost.

When I do stay at the Grand Hyatt I usually just book a regular room.

Location is great and I have always had very clean rooms, great bed etc.
Hotel staff are always helpful and pleasant.

Have fun in SF!!
Aug 24th, 2005, 01:45 PM

We've stayed several times on the Regency Level with up grade points from Gold Passport. They consist of the top two floors. The upgrade is worth it to us. We go during the holiday season, and you can hear the music from the ice rink at Union Square and have a view of it out the balcony.
8-)
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt last July. We usually book superior rooms or suites when we travel but because this was close to home and only for 2 nights so we went standard - it was sufficiently large and had a nice view - I want to say we were on 12th floor.
Staff was friendly, room was clean and Union Square shopping was right down the block. I would go standard there again.
Hope you have a great time in SF!
Aug 26th, 2005, 09:25 AM

Normally I stay in a standard room here, but this time had the family on vacation (two kids) so paid the extra for the Regency Club level. Room is basically the same (get robes and upgraded toiletries in club), but views are great and club very good for breakfast and before dinner snacks. Ask for a North or West facing room and you'll look at the bay with views of Alcatraz and even a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Search this Thread