Reload this Page >

San Francisco - best family hotel??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:58 PM
lee

Hi. My family will be in San Francisco for two nights. We have two kids ages 12 and 10. Can anyone suggest a good, moderately priced hotel and/or preferred part of the city to stay in (ie transportation, activities, etc). Thanks.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:49 PM
steve

Stayed at Pacific Motor Inn last month. It is located in the Marina district on Lombard street (lots of other motels on the street too). Was $100.55 per night including taxes. Booked on their website. It is 2 blocks from tram #30 which can take you to Fisherman's Wharf, Cable Cars, Chinatown. Get the all day transportation pass ($6.00)

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:18 PM
mare

www.columbusmotorinn.com

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:37 PM
lee

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I was also told to check out the Holiday Inn Express near Fisherman's Wharf. I can get a rate there for $110 per night. Anyone ever stay there before or have opinions about staying there?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:03 PM
ramona

I saw the Holiday Inn Express. Heard it was nice but didn't stay. Extremely convenient to cable cars, Fisherman's Wharf and ferries going to Alcatraz. Close/ easy walking distance to things you will want to see when visiting...Lombard Street, Coit Tower, Ghiardelli Square, Chinatown, North Beach.
There are other places in that area...another Holiday Inn down the block. A Hyatt across the street where I found rates for $160/per night.
Many posters stay avoid the Wharf but I didn't listen and was very happy for the convenient location being a first timer to the city.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Cheryl

We recently stayed at the Donatello on Post street close to Union Square. We had a huge room, microwave, mini fridge, coffee pot, for $109 per night. I would go back

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 12:38 AM
Leslie

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Fisherman's Wharf a year ago. This is very new, clean place with a pleasant continental breakfast included. Very convenient location. Nothing very extra-ordinary in terms of character, but I would stay there again. I always find the best rates for SF hotels on www.hotelres.com.