San Diego hotel room with table and chairs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2024, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a long shot but I hope someone can help. DH and I plan to go to San Diego to visit family and would like to find a hotel with a small dining table and 3 or 4 chairs in the room and preferably on the north side of town. Mission Valley, La Jolla even Mira Mesa would be fine. Budget $500 or less per night. I've looked at Residence Inn but the photos I have seen only show a very small table with 1 or 2 chairs. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 05:11 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I know the Kimpton Alma has suites with true dining tables seating up to six -- but it is downtown
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
https://hillcresthouse.net/vacation-rental/

We had booked a room in the affiliated BnB (about a mile away) but had to cancel due to Covid exposure. So, I can't comment on either the bungalow or the BnB rooms, but the staff (owners?) were very nice to deal with.

I will say we were a bit unsure about there not being much of anything we could walk to.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 02:47 AM
J62

What did the hotel say when you called them?
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 08:42 AM

Not in San Diego but in Coronado the the last time we stayed at the Del, our room in the modern building had a very large desk that you could easily have a meal on although possibly there was only one chair, Terrace did have a small bistro table but it was too breezy to really spend time on the terrace which looked over the entryway to the building.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 08:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by J62
Is that a question directed to me?? If so, they were understanding and wished us well. It turned out the couple we were going with had Covid, but we never tested positive.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 09:45 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by J62
Originally Posted by Jean
Is that a question directed to me?? If so, they were understanding and wished us well. It turned out the couple we were going with had Covid, but we never tested positive.

Not 100% sure, but pretty sure J62 was asking the OP if they had actually contacted the hotel(s) in question -- which would be the first thing I'd do. For any hotel that was a possibility, since the thread's topic is dining tables, not covid cancellations. But what do I know?? .
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 09:50 AM

The four seasons residence in Carlsbad has some suites with a table for 6 but I doubt it would be in that price range, you can check.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janisj
Not 100% sure, but pretty sure J62 was asking the OP if they had actually contacted the hotel(s) in question -- which would be the first thing I'd do. For any hotel that wa possibility, since the thread's topic is dining tables, not covid cancellations. But what do I know?? .
So far there is no hotel in question to contact. If someone shares a possible hotel I will of course contact them.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Christina
The four seasons residence in Carlsbad has some suites with a table for 6 but I doubt it would be in that price range, you can check.
Actually, it looks like they have a few rooms that may come in under our budget. Thanks for the suggestion.