High Chairs/Booster Chairs in Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi--I'm going to Tuscany with an 17-month old and was wondering whether or not I'll need to pack a booster seat. Does anyone know whether or not you can find high chairs/booster seats in many restaurants? (I honestly don't know what to expect--just in case there are those who find this question stupid.)

Thanks,
JK
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:28 PM

I'm going to Tuscany (Montepulciano) in April with a 1 year old and a 2 year old! Never crossed my mind to bring a booster seat. We live in Germany and have traveled to many surrounding countries but yet to Italy. We've nearly always found that a restaurant will have a highchair. The fancier ones might not but I doubt you'll be going out for super nice dinners with a 1 year old. Italy loves children from what I hear so I expect they cater to children. Don't bring it.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Wow--and I felt brave traveling with one toddler! Good for you! That gives me hope for the day when I might have two!

As for the high chairs...we might try moderately nice restaurants...at least we'd like to. And I imagine they'd prefer I bring something than trying to make room for a stroller--but has anyone visited Tuscany already who has found that a lot of places will have high chairs?

Thanks!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM

We were in Italy in the autumn with our two-year-old. The availability of highchairs in restaurants was about 50-50. I bought an inflatable one from babycenter.com before we left. It took up very little space, and I was glad we had it.

(On our trip, we found the more expensive the place, the more likely they were to have a highchair...)
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. Especially for the tip on an inflatable booster! Who knew you could find an inflatable one?
Thanks,
JK