san diego hotel-feb 2007

Oct 15th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

san diego hotel-feb 2007

Hi, we have an 11 year old and we have booked the del coronado and paradise point. you get much more for your money at the point but i heard the hotel is dumpy. we're looking for a nice place to stay with tennis if possible. any suggestions? i also looked into la costa but it seems to be a 45 minute drive which i think would be a drag if we want to sight see in san diego. thanks!!!
Oct 15th, 2006, 02:43 PM
TahitiTams

HI..
Love the Hotel Del and Paradise Point has been going through alot of renovations which was so needed. I don't know what time of the year you are going with your 11 year old but if you are a tennis lover, La Jolla Beach and Tennis has fab courts and just hosted the Davis Cup early this year..the rooms are not 5 star but the hotel is oceanfront and is perfect for swimming and outdoor activities..they also own the Sea Lodge which is right next door..La Jolla Shores is a lovely area. Keep us posted as to what you choose and we all will be happy to help!
ljbtc.com

Oct 15th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tip! the tennis is for the kid and we're going in feb. during winter break.
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
TahitiTams

I would stay at the Hotel Del..
Everyone will have a wonderful time and it is such a lovely town.. The Brigantine Restaurant is across the street and has an excellent happy hour that all can go to and it has the best fish tacos for $2.75 and other yummy goodies..
Best to you!
brigantine.com

Oct 15th, 2006, 05:28 PM
mms

Another vote for the Del. We have stayed there quite a bit, with and without our kids, and really enjoy it. The Sunday Brunch is very nice, if that interests you.

Search this Thread