Notices

San Diego

Old Mar 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Diego

My wife and I are planning to visit San Diego for a week of vacation this summer. We have read how wonderful the climate is and can tell that there is obviously plenty to do in the city and surrounding areas. When we visit larger cities we like to be able to walk the areas especially at night, but sometimes we aren't sure that we are in a safe section of town.
We are looking for suggestions regarding some of the nice hotels or even bed and breadfast in or around the downtown areas or other areas that you would consider safe but that there would be plenty to do at night. Also, please let us know what sections of San Diego we should stay away from regardless of day or night.
Don
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
TahitiTams

HI..
I would either do La Jolla or Downtown San Diego just because both places you can walk alot and there is alot to do and for the most part, its safe..
On the cheap in LJ since it is expensive in the summer but so gorgeous is.
Best Western Inn by the Sea
Travelodge
Lajollacove.com
More expensive;
thegrandecolonial.com
ljbtc.com Sealodge hotel or the club
hotelparisi.com
innlajolla.com (B&B)
hotellajolla.com
lavalenciahotel.com

I don't know many Downtown SD hotels but there is a Hyatt, Marriott and Sheraton and the W hotel..
gaslamp.org

I would check out Expedia and there is also; sandiego.org

Have a wonderful time..there is alot to do and La Jolla and San Diego are such beautiful places..
Have a great time!

Old Mar 15th, 2006, 09:30 PM

In addition to TahitiTams' suggestions, Coronado would be a very safe area to stroll at night.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 09:30 PM

My favorite hotel downtown is the
"Holiday Inn At The Bay". It is roughly in the $175/night range. It is right at the Embarcadero. Many activities. Much foot traffic, both day and evening.
8-)
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for these replies. It is helping us a great deal. Could you share any information about the Embassy Suites Downtown, SD or the Stay Bridge Suites Downtown?
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 06:48 AM

IMO, the location of the Embassy Suites is much more preferable than that of the Staybridge Suites. Staybridge is right on the edge of the "downtown" area, right next to access roads for CA 163 and close to San Diego City College and San Diego High School. I wouldn't walk from there to the Gaslamp area at night. There are no restaurants in the immediate area. Go with the Embassy suites.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

again my thanks to all of you but especially to you Barbara for your help. I will probably make a new post with more questions but I'll give you a break for now.
Don