Search

S. Fla car rental

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 10:47 AM
pam

S. Fla car rental

I will be in S. Fl at Christmas. The major companies are either sold out or chging lots of $. Anyone know a good off airport car rental company? I will be renting in Miami and returning in Ft Lauderdale.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 01:03 PM
George

Check out www.bnm.com . They include some local rental companies, and it's also an easy site to make comparisons.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 03:55 PM
x

Try priceline.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 04:19 PM
Jan

Agree with the above poster about priceline, you might also want to check hotwire and see if you can find something.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 10:55 PM
jill

orbitz.com lists low rates with a company called RentRite in Miami. Perhaps someone can comment on experience with this company?

The only real way around the high rates is to rent locally in Miami for the first part of your trip, then rent a car (probably from Avis or National) just for the one day driving from Miami dropping off in Fort Lauderdale, then renting locally in FLL. A bit of a runaround but you might save $150 or so.

Not only are the rates sky-high, but the airports add exorbitant taxes and fees and surcharges.