Reload this Page >

RVing in Nevada/Utah area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Laura

We have 8 days to travel around this area starting late Friday May 31 until June 9 from Los Angeles (to give a time frame). We got the bright idea of renting a RV, now we don't know what to do with it. Anyone know about this? Do we reserve spaces to hook up? Or do you think we can wing it? Any general ideas of where to stop? Thanks. (we have dogs).

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Dayle

Hi Laura!

Any chance you can pick up the RV in Las Vegas instead? Or do you live in LA? The drive from LA to Vegas, as you may know, is a long & boring one. Plus, the RV will be sucking up the gas!

Whether or not you need reservations depends on where you're going. If to the usual Natl Parks, Zion, Bryce & others, get o nthe park web site & see if you can ge reservations. You will need them.

Private RV parks can be found outside of Zion and Bryce (Ruby's Inn). They have full hook ups, but to me are just kind of big RV parking lots. Never cared for the motorhome thing myself, but it works for a lot of people. Especially on long road trips.

Do a search here under Utah & you'll have tons of posts on this.

Have fun!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Laura

Thanks Dale, this is all new to me too. I never thought of RVing. But with three dogs we thought the space would be nice and we can cook, etc. Yes, we live in LA and that is why we thought we would drive to Las V. late Fri nite.
I will go on the web sites, and I guess if all else fails, go to private RV sites.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Dayle

Laura, yes there are lots of web sites for private RV parks. Just make sure you get exact locations & distance to parks! Also, make sure the parks have shade for the dogs. I hope you know dogs are not allowed in the National Parks?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Dayle

Sorry, except for in the campground & always leashed.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Laura

So they can't go on trails, etc.? How about State Parks? Or maybe we can just stop somewhere in the wilderness?
Don't laugh, we are city slickers.