Roosevelt stagecoach ride?

Jun 29th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Syv

Roosevelt stagecoach ride?

Throughout some of these other discussions, there has been mention of a stagecoach ride/cookout dinner out of Roosevelt Lodge. Is that in Rocky Mountain National Park? I tried to search for Roosevelt on the web & couldn't find it. I couldn't find mention of it on the National Park Service website. WHERE DO YOU FIND DETAILS & HOW DO YOU MAKE RESERVATIONS?

Jun 29th, 2002, 09:01 AM
x

Roosevelt Lodge is in Yellowstone National Park, near the northeast entrance.
Let me look for the res #.

Jun 29th, 2002, 09:07 AM
help

Old West Cookout

Enjoy a delicious evening steak cookout dinner via horse-drawn wagon or horseback from Roosevelt Lodge. Reservations required.
Wagon
Adult $32.00
Child (5-11) $20.00
Horseback (one hour)
Adult $43.00
Child (8-11) $33.00
Horseback (two hour)
Adult $53.00
Child (8-11) $43.00

General Park Information:
(307) 344-7381 (voice) or
(307) 344-2386 (TDD).

Lodging: (307) 344-7311

Dining: (307) 344-7901

Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Syv

Thanks for the info. Sounds good.

Boy! I'm finding out so much "stuff" and so many things to do/places to go that I don't know how we're going to fit it all in!!!

Jul 6th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Bob

We vote "yes" for Yellowstone.

We stayed in Yellowstone National Park last year during July 4-6th. On July 5th the only accommodations we could get in the park were at the Roosevelt. We took the horseback ride located at the stables at Roosevelt, ate at the lodge and stayed in a cabin one night. The ride was wonderful; food was fine-typical lodge food. But, the cabin was difficult. These cabins were built in the 1920's, they were mosquito infested (the store did not carry Off or Raid when we were there so, bring your own). The cabins are made of logs and I used paper (matchbooks covers, whatever) to stop up holes in the walls to keep out any more mosquitos and there was no air conditioning (it was hot in July). They also have a community toilet and shower area, so it was a more rustic experience than we'd expected that evening. Our other two nights in the park were lovely at Lake Lodge. If rustic is your thing, get the cabin @ Roosevelt. If not, stay at Lake Lodge or one of the many other lodges in the park. All the activities they offer at Yellowstone are worth it - - giving you some of the most memorable experiences you will ever have. All the employees we encountered set the benchmark for customer service and we'd urge you to spend some time there and take advantage of an American institution. We will return and make the trip from Tennessee to Yellowstone again someday; I will just not stay in the cabins.

Bottom-line: be sure to take that stagecoach ride/cookout dinner excursion or you'll always wonder what you missed.

Search this Thread