Room advice at Bellagio

Search

Room advice at Bellagio

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Room advice at Bellagio

I have never been to Vegas, but will be ending our vacation in June with two nights there. I have decided to stay at the Bellagio, and would really like a room in the main hotel with a view of the fountain/lake. I have read a couple of reviews and people say do not pay extra in advance for a specific room with certain features. The recommendation seems to suggest paying for the cheapest room at the Bellagio, then request your specific room once you get there. Some even say tipping the check-in person will definitely get you a room upgrade. Does anyone know for sure how this works? Thanks.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 05:52 AM

We stayed in Bellagio a couple of years ago. We booked the cheaper room. When we arrived they asked if we wanted a back view room or an upgraded fountains view room. We asked if we could see both rooms. On entering the back view room it was stunning. The mountains were silhouetted against the night sky and the Rio hotel was lit up. There was a floor to ceiling window with 2 plush armchairs and a small table. We didn't even look at the other room. The only problem was trying to prise my husband away from the view to go out each evening.
Also it was much cheaper!!
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 06:50 AM

I've stayed at the Bellagio twice and I totally don't get the "fountain view" idea. First of all, looking down on the fountains from almost straight up is not a great thing -- they are designed to be admired from the ground. Secondly, are you really going to pull up chairs to your window and sit in your room to look down at the fountains? I'd rather be sitting at a lounge downstairs with a GREAT view of them and a drink in hand. But then if I'm in Las Vegas, I don't spend much time in my room -- I'd much rather be out "experiencing" Vegas, not sitting in my hotel room!
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Both good points. Thank you.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
lvk

We took the fountain view rooms last time, and the view was great, overlooking the fountains and across to the "Eiffel Tower", but when the water show starts, it is pretty noisy. You hear the music, the fountain mechanisms, and the crowds cheering every 20 minutes or so while you are in your room. Fun the first few times, but it gets kind of old.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Ditto what lvk said -I have stayed in both the front and back rooms there and have actually asked to NOT have a fountain view room.
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM

he whole fountain thing kind of looses its magic from above with sealed windows. It's about the music, the water, the air. Looking thru a plate glass window simply reminds you that you are missing the real thing. And in Vegas there are no real things.
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Asking may or may not work. If there are conventions in town - or just a holiday week - the hotel may be full andn othing may get you the room youwant.

If they are half empty you have a better chance.

IMHO asking nicely is much less tacky than trying to slip someone a $20. What are they supposed to do with that - put a few gallons of gas in their car?