COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Romatic Restaurants in New Orleans

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Romatic Restaurants in New Orleans

I will be in New Orleans over Mardi Gras with my girlfriend and during that time it will be our 2 year anniversary.

I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for places to have a romantic dinner. I'm looking to stay away from the heart of the French Quarter madness. We'll be staying in the Garden district and will have a car down there so driving is not a problem.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:27 PM

Hi Dweebe, I happen to love a romantic little place called Feelings Cafe. It's on 2600 Chartres Street in the Fauborg Marigny. Respectfully, Leslie
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:30 PM

I'm with Leslie on this one. I'm born & raised in the Crescent City and Feeling's is definitely a favorite choice!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 05:18 PM

I will suggest a private booth at the Bombay Club. The food is great, the bar is know for great Martinis and you can actually close the curtains on your booth!

Have fun,
Sweeneygirl
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 05:31 PM

OK, I have to agree with Sweeneygirl's idea too. I love the Bombay Club for a nice private evening out!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 10:13 PM

A beautiful romantic restaurant in the French Quarter is Bayonna's --

The chef,Susan Spicer, is one of the Great Chefs of New Orleans--up there with EMERIL....
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:37 AM

I second the recommendation for Bayona's. They also have a really nice outdoor dining courtyard if the weather is nice. The food is outstanding.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 01:57 PM

Let me add a new recommendation. I had dinner last night with my SO at Smith's Louis XVI inside the St. Louis Hotel. I almost didn't go because I heard a few complaints about the restaurant going downhill lately, but I'm glad I did go. The food was superb and the service was the best! That waiter did not mis a trick. I had the grilled chicken which was to die for and my SO had the beef wellington which he said was melt in your mouth delicious. I'm so glad I listened to my SO instead of the gossip that flies around this town! I would have missed out on a fantastic dinner!
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Gator Lady, you're a lucky gal! I've had very mediocre meals at Louis XVI over the past 10 years. Unfortunately, my boss loves the restaurant and the adjoining hotel and our company functions are often held there. You can use a coupon from the Entertainment book if you have one for 50% off an entree. Last time I was there many diners were using their coupons.