Romantic accommodations in Rehoboth Beach

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic accommodations in Rehoboth Beach

My sweetheart and I are planning our first weekend away together in October at Rehoboth Beach. Can anyone suggest a romantic hotel or B&B in the area? We are looking for something luxurious with food service. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 09:30 AM
LN

Can't say that i know of any romantic spots in Rehoboth but I would recommend the Inn at Perry Cabin in St Michaels. It's beautiful, very laid back with a great restaurant.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM

The Corner Cupboard Inn in Rehoboth. It's great. Big screened in dining porch, comfy living room where you can catch up with the cartoons in the New Yorker, rooms upstairs or cottages on the courtyard. It's on the only unpaved road (that I know of) in Rehoboth, in a nice quiet residential area just several blocks from the beach, and several blocks to the boardwalk. Perfect for October. There's also a new place that replaced the Dinner Bell Inn (can't remember the name) that is more modern and spa-like. I'm thinking the magazine there might more likely be Forbes or the Washingtonian, but I'm speculating. Have fun!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Ali25

I'm not really sure about the romantic part, but the nicest hotel - by far - is The Boardwalk Plaza Hotel. It is indeed on the boardwalk, but is a Victorian beauty inside with a small indoor-to-outdoor pool on the first level. The Victoria Restaurant is very good and there is outdoor seating as well as inside. A few weeks ago, we did watch a couple sipping wine and munching on gourmet appetizers sitting at a small outdoor table and they sat there for nearly 2 hours just enjoying the live jazz, gazing at the ocean, and people-watching as if no one else was around.
It is pretty expensive and unfortunately, the prices don't go down drastically when Summer is over...but check out their website anyway! I don't think you'll be disappointed...especially in October since the crowds are few.
I grew up going to Rehoboth - staying in cottages - and after nearly 50 years, I still enjoy every visit.

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Hi, I haven't been there in awhile but a really great restaurant was Lala Land (227-3887).
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:34 PM

I've lived in Delaware just about my whole life. Worked in tourism for 10 years. Check out www.royalroseinn.com. It's quite nice and a block from the beach. I've stayed there and you will love it. It's one of the "old" houses in Reho, used to be a hunting lodge in the 1930's (I think it's the '30's) but very well done now.
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Ali25

The recommendation for LaLaLand is correct....superb food, a bit quirky, and the epitome of romance. Sitting outside on the garden-like back patio is best - twinkling lights everywhere overhead, a great little bar. If you go, don't miss the bathrooms - very artsy & fun (trust me).

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Ali25

Another GREAT restaurant is Venus on the Halfshell in Dewey. The gorgeous decor will blow you away...much thought was put into the Morroccan (?) theme and no expense was spared. It's shocking when you enter the vast multi-leveled room. In Summer, the entire back side that faces the Bay is open to a beach rather like a Tiki Bar situation. The menu is varied gourmet - with plenty of seafood dishes along with something for everyone. Drinks are expensive, but generous - but, what the hell? Don't miss this one. We were there for a week, ate out every night, and this was our favorite - hands down. I am a gourmet cook & have chefs in the family, so you can trust me!!!

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 06:53 AM

You need to stay at the Bellmoor Inn, www.thebellmoor.com. This is THE nicest place and most romantic in Rehoboth. We'll be there next week. The Boardwalk Plaza is on the beach but all the Victorian stuff is kind of tacky. The Bellmoor is a short walk to the beach but altogether a more upscale, relaxing and romantic spot. Lala Land is still good, I plan to go to Venus next week and we love Zebra restaurant (italian) and will go there on our anniversary.
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM

bookmarking
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 02:22 AM

ECBeach:

you may want to reconsider and go to Cape May, NJ. Many more choices for B&Bs. I never stayed at any of the ones I saw in that beachtown but they always impressed me with their outside beauty. Anyone have suggestions from that town. If you still want to go to Rehoboth you can always take the Cape May/Lewes Ferry over to DE for 1/2 day or a day.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM

For Rehoboth experts, is the town a year round place or is it mostly deserted in winter? We used to go there in summers when I was a kid, but it's changed quite a bit since the 1970s. I'd like to visit it again sometime.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 08:49 AM

It's certainly a lot quieter in winter, but there's still a lot going on. Spring and summer are some of the nicest times to visit, the weather is nice and the summer crowds are gone. Most of the nicer restaurants close for a period over the winter, but there's always something open. As the area grows, it's become more of a year round place. AARP just picked Rehoboth as one of their 5 dream places for retirement.

In the fall you can come for Jazzfest, the seawitch halloween festival, the filmfest and in December there's the Crhistmas parade. Things get back in swing in March with the chocolate festival. We come down most every weekend in the summer and once or twice a month in the winter.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 10:00 AM

I worked at the old Henlopen Hotel back in 1969 and yes, the town has changed considerably since then...it has become much, MUCH more "upscale" in many ways with a wider variety of restaurants in particular.

They're still casting their eyes southward trying to keep Dewey, not to mention the dreaded Ocean City, as far away as possible.

There's more to do all year round than there used to be and a lot of the credit for that goes to the folks who came into town and refused to be ignored.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM

I beleive that the Royal Rose Inn is predominately gay.

Its up to you whether you would consider this to be a romantic accomodation.
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 04:01 AM

I just realized this was an old post!! But I read about a new hotel in the area. It is called Hotel Blue in Lewes.

http://www.chesapeakelifemag.com/ja0...ginn-ja06.html