Rock clubs in Seattle.

Jul 4th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Rock clubs in Seattle.

We will be in Seattle at the end of August for 4 night's and were wondering if there are any decent rock clubs worth going to, also any good cd/dvd store's worth going to.Cheers.
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:46 PM

I will be able to give you a better answer about the cd/dvd stores in a couple of weeks (after our trip), but I remember seeing that there is a Sub-Pop Megamart in the Pike Place Market. I believe the smaller original store is in Fremont.

Donna
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:07 AM

The sites www.nwsource.com and www.thestranger.com should provide loads of ideas for you.
Jul 17th, 2004, 11:03 PM

Bigstevie: To correct my previous misinformation, there is no longer a Sub-Pop Records outlet in Seattle. We did, however, find a great CD store called Easy Street Records at 20 Mercer St. (corner of 1st & Mercer) in the Queen Anne neighborhood. Hundreds of used and new CDs, plus T-shirts, magazines, etc., at decent prices. Also ran across Holy Cow Records in Pike Place Market. Don't waste your time going there, unless you're already in the Market.

For a good rock club, we found the Showbox at 1426 1st St., across from the Market, between Union and Pike. My kids saw Sonic Youth there, and said they had no problem standing right in front of the stage. Showbox doesn't answer their phone, and you can only get tickets at their box office M-F. Otherwise, call a QFT Grocery or Rudy's Barbershop for a location that sells tickets.

Donna

Jul 18th, 2004, 05:09 AM

Are you here for any part of Labor Day weekend? If so, go now to www.bumbershoot.org.