Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:25 AM
italy97

Has anyone out there stayed at this resort? Looking for any info. you're willing to share. Thanks a mil.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Mike

Yes. It's one of the ten or so best hotels in the US.
It's a bit formal feeling, but not uncomfortably so if you're used to nice restaurants, etc.
Service is among the best in the business. Location is great with short hop to the beach out front.
Anything specific about it that you want to know?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 10:07 AM
linda

I had my birthday dinner there a couple years ago which is still in my top 10 memories. It is upscale, formal but I never found it stuffy. I love Naples- it's one place where a 40 yr old looks like a fox on the beach! If you go in summer, the restaurants/shops are deserted and you'll be treated like royalty.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Tommye

Haved stayed at the Ritz and it's marvelous. Caution, however, there are TWO Ritzes in Naples.

Ritz Carlton on the Beach … the jewel of the area, beautiful pool, restaurants on the beach. Lovely. Spa, shopping, 4- and 5-star restaurants, and convention center. Good set-up for families.

A very imposing, European-looking building (modeled after the Breakers in Palm Beach), and its interior spaces are impeccably -- but rather formally -- decorated. This does not stop guests from wandering through the lobby in a t-shirt and cutoffs, but while some people like the formality and structured setting, there are others who would find it off-putting, and would have trouble relaxing in such a setting. You walk out the back, over the dunes and you're there. The Ritz also has a wonderful Beach Pavilion Restaurant (outdoors) that serves lunch only, and overlooks the Gulf. Also, the Ritz staff will fetch anything guests who are using the beach want (food, drink, sunscreen, umbrella, more towels) and bring it right to you.
Hotel has ample tennis. Ritz' pool is really a remarkable thing -- not terribly deep, and in a wonderfully odd shape. There is also a huge hot tub nearby, as well as 2 restaurants.

Ritz-Carlton, Naples, 280 Vanderbilt Beach Road, (800) 241-3333

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:33 AM
italy97

Thanks to all of you for replying. Your advice was tremendous and I'm glad I picked the Ritz for our vacation this year.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:24 AM
x

The Ritz in Naples is great. I've been there several times for business conferences.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Kathy

Just returned from 3 night stay at the Ritz, which my husband and I enjoyed very much. I would like to note that this property is used a LOT for business conventions, with the pool often closed off early for business events, as well as other areas of the hotel being used exclusively for that purpose. This sort of gives it the feel of a convention hotel. There are LOTS of kids here, with one of the pools really unusable for anyone other than those that love to hear kids screaming all the time. If you are there for a vacay and don't have kids, stick to the beach for more relaxation. The service, overall, is top rate. The Beach Pavillion, which someone mentioned, is now only being used for private events--more of those business things I guess--and was not used at all while we were there. GumboLimbo is really popular for drinks and lunch, also dinner. Hope this helps.
Kathy

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:50 AM
John

I spent ten days at the RItz at the end of March. It was peak spring break time, but I thought that the presence of kids was not that bad. True, the main pool is completely overtaken by families with kids. However, that leaves the adult pool and the beach for us adults. I never thought any of the kids I saw were out of line or overly obnoxious. Twice in the formal restaurant (once for dinner and once for brunch) the children I saw were impeccably behaved.

THe hotel is decorated rather formally, but it is a great experience. It was the first time I have ever been on vacation and actually forgotten what day it is! All of the facilities are fantastic and the new spa is worth spending some time in.

IF you are booking your room now, I suggest getting a gulf/courtyard view. The coastal view rooms look north and south and do not have as nice a view as the gulf/courtyard views or the gulf front views. Also, be sure to have brunch in the dining room. It is an amazing affair. It is not as big as brunches that you may have seen at many large resorts, but it is one of the better ones I have ever seen.

Finally, there are a lot of meetings and conventions there. However, if it hadn't been for the daily posting of such meetings in the club lounge, I would never have even noticed!

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:48 AM
dee

Thanks to all of you who replied!