Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne- Ocean Blvd. Miami

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:40 PM
mark

Wife and I are staying at Ritz on Key Biscayne the end of September. We wanted to go check out Ocean Blvd. and Coco Walk area.I have read some pretty bad stuff about these areas. I was wondering if the bad stuff was true. Also, any recomendations for restarants is appreciated. Also oppinions on the Ritz, and Ocean Blvd.- Coco Walk. Thanks.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:51 PM
marsha

Do you honestly think the Ritz-Carlton Corp. would build a huge, gorgeous hotel + spa in an unsafe area? Just call the Hotel and ask to speak with the concierge.

I would be more worried about hurricanes than I would a bad neighborhood.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Fred

May I remind you, Marsha, that the Ritz has hotels in St. Thomas and Jamaica (and even the one in "Palm Beach" is directly adjacent to disgusting Lantana), so what you're saying is absolutely UNTRUE!!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 03:24 AM
duh

Umm, Marsha, The Ritz Carlton on KB is NOT located on Ocean Drive or near Coco Walk, so Mark is not asking if the Ritz is in a bad area, he's asking about OC and CW being in bad neighborhoods. Get a clue before you fly off the handle.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 10:27 AM
mark

Thanks for the support in defense of my real inquiery. Some people do seem to be clueless. Would still appreciate some advice on my questions. Thanks.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Bee

Yes the Ritz Carlton at Rose Hall in Jamaica is in a very seedy location. Marsha shouldn't you be nicer?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Aileen

Mark:
Key Biscayne is definately a nice, ritzy area. I'm not sure where Ocean Blvd. is but I'm assuming that you may be talking about Ocean Drive in South Beach. If so, it is a must if you're visiting Miami. While you're in South Beach, you might also want to walk down Lincoln Road. It is a very nice outdoor mall with galleries, restaurants, bars, cafes, etc. Great for people-watching. As for Coco Walk, it is also a very touristy, nice area. It is surrounded by a not-so-good neighborhood but that shouldn't stop you. Isn't there a bad area near any neighborhood? Have fun.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Susie

Mark,
I just returned Monday from a long week-end at the Ritz in Key Biscayne. The hotel is incredible from the rooms,pools, service and the spa. We enjoyed our stay. The day we checked out the valet person had put 3 bottles of chilled water in our drink holders of our car, we were impressed.
The other areas you mention we visited all of them. We went to Coco Walk and found the area fine, but just a little funky for my taste and the restaurants were the "Hooters" type, again fine for most just not our thing.
We had dinner at Normans in Coral Gables food was good, service was terrible will never return!
We loved South Beach! Had dinner at Joe Allen's, food and service top notch and the price was reasonable. Had drinks at the Delano (wow) if you go be sure to check out the pool area. Finished the evening at Tantra, loved the atmosphere and people watching.
As far as "bad" areas I felt it was like any large city - be aware of your surroundings. You may want to get detailed directions from the concierge to avoid getting lost. Have a wonderful trip.