Restaurants - Scotsdale/Phoenix

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are going January 2nd for a week & would love some restaurant suggestions. We're not big Mexican food fans (I know that's strange).

Thanks!
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Check out chowhound.com
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 02:59 AM

My friend and I went crazy over Sam's Cafe in Phoenix. The menu has a southwest flavor but not what I would call Mexican. Another friend did not enjoy eating there because she can't eat anything spicy at all. The restaurant is near the convention center, in a small retail/restaurant complex. You receive a complimentary basket of taco and sweet potato chips and two dipping sauces but try not to fill up on these.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM

We love Roys, that is in the JW Marriott at Desert Ridge, and also RA, sushi restaurant at the Kierland Commons. There are some other excellent chain restaurants in the Commons and very nice shopping.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 09:27 AM

The Ocean Club in Kierland Commons is wonderful. We enjoyed Ra as well.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 06:01 PM

I have a few suggestions: if you are feeling spendy (and I mean spendy, like $95 for two people), have brunch at Top of the Rock in Phoenix. It is an all-you-can-eat buffet boasting everything imaginable, with free mimosas included. They also have a great view and live music. I think you'd need to make a reservation for this one.

Banderas, in Scottsdale, is a great restaurant with lots of variety on the menu. The steaks are delicious, and I also loved the spit-roasted chicken with mashed potatoes there.

At Kierland Commons in Scottsdale, there is a great little place called Zinc Bistro which serves delicious, casual French food. I had the mussels with fries, and they were divine. The ambience there was also a nice surprise.

And you MUST go to Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. They served me the best gourmet pizza I've ever had, and their salad Caprese is made with mozzarella that they make themselves. Delicious and not to pricey.

Lastly, Monti's Casa Vieja in Phoenix is a great place for an inexpensive steak.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Pricey is good! If anyone is going again, we went to Elements last night and it was great! Tonight we're trying Roaring Fork.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:36 PM

I just tried Waters Edge in Fountain Hills (the town is just east of North Scottsdale, take the Shea Exit off the 101 and go east about 7-10 miles). We likes it so well we went back twice last week.

The restaurant just opened two weeks ago and they boast of everything made from scratch including their ice cream and sorbet. Solid menu and service.

Really nice to sit on the patio (with heaters to keep the chill off) overlooking the lake with the largest fountain in the world (only runs the first 15 minutes of every hour)and you can also see Red Mountain and the Four Peaks.

This is a more moderately priced restaurant than elements (my favorite sunset dining place in Scottsdale for the view) but really nice.

BTW, there is a cool pull off on Shea just past the Fry's grocery store so you can sit and see a beautiful view of the whole valley. Great at night with all the city lights.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:44 PM

Try the Phoenix City Grille. It's on Bethany Home... we love the food!!