Reload this Page >

Restaurants near Dallas

Search

Restaurants near Dallas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2007, 05:42 PM
annieladd

Restaurants near Dallas

We'll be staying with friends in Colleyville near Grapevine. Any suggestions for hip delicious restaurants in the area? We like contemporary American, French, Italian, etc. What's great in this area? annieladd

Old Apr 20th, 2007, 05:43 PM
annieladd

Great place for a spa in the area would also be helpful! Thanks, annieladd

Old Apr 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are TONS of day spas in the Grapevine/Southlake/Colleyville area! My personal favorites are Bodyworks and European Skincare. ;-) There is also the spa at the Gaylord Texan.

There are also lots and lots of restaurants in the area. Personally, I'm not aware of any French ones, though. There are several small, family-owned Italian places along highway 26.
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Annieladd - There's a la Madeleine restaurant (contemporary French bakery and cafe) that's located along restaurant row in Grapevine off of Hwy 114 & William D. Tate Hwy. Here's the link to la Madeleine's website....
http://www.lamadeleine.com/
Bonjour !
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 04:26 AM

I always forget about La Madeleine being a French place... I wouldn't necessarily call it "hip" though. It's cafeteria-style and is a good place for brunch, lunch or an afternoon snack.

Honestly, Grapevine is more of a Texas cuisine place. Kirby's and Silver Fox steak houses draw huge crownds. We also have several good BBQ places, and just abou every chain restaurant in existence. Of the chains, I highly recommend Buca Di Beppo, which is on 114 near Kimbell Road. Bring at least 4 people as the generous portions are family-style!
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 04:44 AM

I love this place - not hip, but very authentic:

http://www.themainbakery.com/

You might have to drive into Dallas...for hip Italian, I'm thinking of the newly opened NOVE in Victory Park or Ferre in West Village. Both on the more modern side.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 05:17 AM
annieladd

Thanks, everyone. I've written all the names down. Still hoping to find a "hip" contemporary american restaurant close by. Someplace with a really delicious interesting menu. No chains, please. Thanks, annieladd

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 06:13 AM

I had to get out a map...kind of unfamiliar with Coleyville area. But did notice that Southlake is just to the north of Coleyville - there has got to be something more hip there since it's a more chi-chi area...I'm guessing.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 06:33 AM

What about this?
http://www.62mainrestaurant.com/

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 06:45 AM
annieladd

Pepper, perfect!! Thanks, AL

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM

I would def have lunch at Bistro Louise in Ft Worth and visit the Kimbell.
M
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 09:52 AM
annieladd

Ooh, Mike that sounds like a fun day. I haven't been to any of the museums in or around Dallas, I'll suggest it. annieladd

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 02:14 PM

Kimbell is in Fort Worth, not Dallas. You may also like the Museum of Modern Art, which is next to the Kimbell.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM

And the free Amon Carter Museum.
M
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM

As a cowgirl at heart, I adore the Amon Carter, but someone who is into more modern art, such as one of my coworkers, can't stand the place. "There's only so many Remington bronzes and paintings of bluebonnets I can look at," she said. Considering that this poster is wanting contemporary activities, I doubt they'd enjoy the place...
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 07:36 PM
annieladd

Christie, yikes, quite the contrary! I like contemporary food and more established art! (Actually, I dnjoy it all, or at least most of it) I love western/southwestern art, european art, and early American art. so all of this is of help. And, sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that the Kimbell was in Dallas, but only that it was in or nearby. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the area to say that Dallas and Ft. Worth are "nearby". Well, you've all given me some great ideas, anymore, bring it on. annieladd

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM

62 Main is very good!
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:27 AM

I don't see it mentioned, but www.guidelive.com is pretty reliable.
M
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:51 PM

62 Main is WONDERFUL - it completely fits your criteria. It's the former chef from the Anatole, I think. So is Cafe Italia in Grapevine, for casualy REALLY GOOD Italian. Lonesome Dove in Fort Worth is really upscale "cowboy cuisine". Have a drink at the top of Reata. There's also a blues club/restaurant in Grapevine that's pretty cool. OH, and some of the restaurants at the Gaylord would fit your criteria.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
annieladd

We ate at 62 Main, and it was quite delicious. We also had a wonderful Sinskey wine. We had a cocktail one evening at the Anatole. A lovely view of downtown Dallas. We walked through the Gaylord on Saturday. It's kind of awful on the outside (imo) but quite something within. We also had a cocktail late in the day at what I suppose is a popular niteclub near the Gaylord, the Glass Cactus, or something like that. We sat outside overlooking the lake. I love Dallas, but it is one flat city, and the lake is not exactly scenic. I'm so sorry we missed the Matisse exhibit, but just didn't get to it. A nice quiet weekend. Mostly just a girls' weekend, which is always great. Thanks for the advice, annieladd ps.