Restaurants- Kauai and Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are going to Maui and Kauai for our honeymoon in August (can't wait!). Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in either place. We are looking for some nice restaurants, but also some of the "hidden treasures" of the island. Any suggestions would really help. Is it necessary to make reservations in advance for any places? Thanks!!!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 05:24 AM

I haven't tried these yet but from my questions about this and reading other posts with this same question here is a short list

If you post where you are staying in maui you may get more answers on places that are close to you

Maui
Capische - romantic
Spago and Ferraros in the Four Seasons
Nick's Fishmarket at the Kea Lani
Roy's

Casual
Da Kitchen
Stella Blues Cafe
Aloha Mixed plate

Mama's Fish house gets mentioned a lot but is very expensive
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 06:19 AM
amaclise

I like Longhi's in Lahaina on Maui a lot. Also like Hula Grill in Whalers Village at Kaanapali Beach.

As for hidden teasures, check out Kula Lodge on the road to Haleakala. And check out the towns of Pa'ia and Makawao in Upcountry Maui.

Do a search from this forum for Maui and Kauai restaurants and you will find a lot.

Old Jun 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM

one of my favorites is Paia Fish Market. It's very casual, but the best Fish sandwich you will ever eat. Also The seahouse restaurant in Napili, beautiful at sunset. Our favorite breakfast was Kiehi Cafe. Great french toast. Congratulations, our daughter was married on Maui in May.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 08:58 AM

Another vote for Paia Fish Market.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM

Sansei in Kapalua
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:29 AM

We were just there Kauai, Maui, and Oahu for our 25th anniversary.
Debated back and forth between Cafe Hanalea (sp?) at Princeville, Tidepools and Beach House. We settled on the Beach House and you can't get much more romantic than that. Open air dining, watching the sunset, watching the surfers before the sunset and we were blessed with the most fantastic rainbow I have ever seen! Thanks to a Fodor's post who told us, when making the reservation (one month in advance), to ask for table 11. It was the best table by far! Far enought to get a good view of the summer sunset and right in front with a great view. I called the day before and reminded them I wanted that table and they still had note of it, so kudos to the restaurant staff.
I have heard many positive things about the other two 'romantic' Kauai restuarants, also, so this was my opinion only. If you do this, make a reservation for 6:00 and get there by 5:30.
The other favorite restaurant in Kauai was at Dukes at the Marriott. They have a casual resturant downstairs and a more selections upstairs. We ate at both. Great atmosphere overlooking the bay and was the best dinner of my whole trip (upstairs). Parmesean, macadamia nut-crusted opah. I was disappointed when we went to Maui that no other restaurants had this fish.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM

Paia Fish Market also has really good fish and chips. YUM
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 03:48 PM

Casa di Amici (808-742-1555) 2301 Nalo Rd., Koloa, Kauai (in a quiet neighborhood above Poipu Beach).