Search

Restaurants in Scottsdale???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Scottsdale???

Hi Everyone...

I am asking for suggestions on restaurants. My husband and I are planning a trip to Scottsdale at the end of Aug. We will be celebrating our first year anniversary. So, I'd like to make reservations for one night somewhere nice... and then need some suggestions for lunch and breakfast.

We are staying at the Four Seasons and have read some good things about Acacia. Would love to hear from people here. Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:56 AM

One of my all time favorite restaurant's is T Cook's in Scottsdale. It is located in the Royal Palms hotel at the foot of Camelback.

The combination of romantic setting, outstanding food, historic hotel just can't be beat. I have sent about a dozen other couples there and they have all returned with rave reviews. Check out their website at:

http://www.royalpalmshotel.com/tcooks.htm

When my husband and I went there, we stopped at the nearby Phoenician for a drink on their terrace beforehand to enjoy their amazing grounds.

Happy Anniversary!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:04 AM

We had several wonderful dinners when we were in Scottsdale at the end of April. Leccabaffi is an Italian restaurant in an easy-to-miss strip mall; and Vincent Guerithault on Camelback are just two. We also had a fun meal at a place (also in a strip mall) that does nothing but fondue. It was a lovely little place, and the wait staff were friendly and helpful.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:36 PM

Hi xpi6tiva,
You'll be out my direction - I live in Carefree - so I'll give you some ideas that are north of the Four Seasons in Cave Creek and Carefree. One of my favorites is the Tonto Bar and Grill in Cave Creek. It has a range of food from sandwiches and salads to entrees and there's a pretty view from the patio. At the El Pedregal center near the Boulders Resort there is the Bakery for breakfast and lunch; also Crew for lunch and dinner and a good Mexican restaurant - The Cantina. Cave Creek also has a good Mexican restaurant, El Encanto which has outdoor seating around a pond. I haven't been there but the Mosaic Restaurant is very near the Four Seasons and it's gotten very good reviews. For cowboy food check out Reata Pass, almost across the road from your resort. It's been there forever. If it's cool enough there's a hike around Pinnacle Peak that has great views.
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestions. And I do hope to do a little hiking even though it'll be so hot most of the day.

If anyone else can suggest anything more, please do... I would love a lot of choices.

Christina
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:18 PM

Dear xpi,
I highly reccomend "Michael's at the Citadel" located at Pinnacle Peak/Pima Rds. (You can read all about Michael and his restaurant on this site: http://www.michaelsrestaurant.com)
During the Christmas holiday we spent a wonderful evening at Michael's Kitchen Studio. As we were the first couple to arrive, Michael so generously gave us the grand tour of his restaurant, introduced us to his staff, bck kitchen, and made us feel so very welcomed at his restaurant. You won't be disappointed here. For lunch I would suggest "Arcadia Farms," (rest. in old house in s. Scottsdale), also "Lon's, Hermosa Inn." For a brunch that will wow you, you can't go wrong at the "Phoenician Hotel, Terraces."
Enjoy.
Francie
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 07:42 PM

I just got back from Scottsdale an have several dinner suggestions for you...first off, I'm assuming your wanting something romantic for your anniversary, definitely do either T.Cooks at the Royal Palms or "A different pointe of view" at the Hilton on Talapatio Cliffs. My wife and I ate there and it has a fabulous view over Phoenix area. Another great restaurant is "Bloom" in the shops at Gainey Ranch. Great Food! Hope this helps.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 05:38 PM

I grew up in Scottsdale, so I know all the best places!!! Michael's, T. Cook's at the Royal Palms are great. Actually the Royal Palms is so romantic, go there for lunch or drinks too! Acacia, at the Four Seasons is O.K., but Mosaic, which is right next store, is fabulous. The chef was voted a top 10 Food & Wine best chef in U.S. Also, Roaring Fork on Scottsdale ROad and Chaparral is great--"Modern Cowboy American", the chef won the James Beard Award (like an Oscar for chefs). Also, for a totally "Arizona" experience, ask the concierge about Greasewood Flats, across the street from your hotel. It's an old stage stop, now a very different bar, popular with old-timers, cowboys, bikers, tourists, always a great time.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 12:33 PM

For a lunch place, I have to recommend Carlsbad Tavern on N. Hayden. The food is wonderful, spicy and reasonably priced. Each time I visit, it is a must for my itinerary. Love the atmosphere and friendly staff.
http://www.azeats.com/carlsbadtavern/default.htm
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Uma

I would go along with the people who recommended T. Cook's in the Royal Palms Hotel, and a drink at the Phoenician on their outdoor terrace. But if you want to splurge, have dinner at Mary Elaine's at the Phoenician. I go there every year for my birthday. Food and service are great. If you are in the area for a few days and the weather cooperates, you should definitely drive up to Sedona and check out Enchantment Resort in Boynton Canyon.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 08:22 AM

We were in Scottsdale a couple of weeks ago. The best dinner we had was in the Ocean Club on Greenway, across from the Westin Kierland. OUTstanding fish & steaks, great sides & appetizers. Good drinks, great dessert. A most memorable meal - we can't wait to return.

We had a very nice breakfast at the Marriott Camelback, kind of nestled in the Camelback mountains. Very picturesque, good food & service. Gorgeous Sunday brunch too.
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 08:56 AM

Although not in Scottsdale, there is Lon's at the Hermosa Inn on Palo Christi Drive. Very romantic atmosphere and great food! They have a website, too (a google search should produce the URL).
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 07:51 AM

Zagat's rates Restaurant Hapa as one of the best restaurants in Scottsdale, but I haven't heard any recommendations for it. Why is that? I'll be going to Scottsdale in a few months and was thinking of eating there. Thanks for your feedback.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. My husband and I were in Scottsdale this last weekend. What an amazing time! We ended up eating at Acacia which is located in the four seasons resort. It was fantastic! Not too expensive but wonderfully romantic. And the food... delicious!