Restaurants in Hutchinson, Kansas

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Hutchinson, Kansas

I'm off to the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center in Hutchinson, Kansas this weekend to see the Liberty 7 exhibit.

Any restaurant recomendations? I've heard good things about the Airport Steak House.

Keith
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:56 AM

Enjoy the Cosmosphere--it is a GREAT experience! I think about the only restaurant I've heard good things about in Hutch is the Airport Steak House, so I would advise you to try that! Most of the restaurants in town are chains.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:10 PM

There is little town called Yoder several miles southeast of Hutchinson that has a pretty good restaurant. I believe it is called Carriage Crossing and they serve homestyle food. Yoder is a little Amish community and you will most likely see some Amish folk around or even dining at the restaurant. It has been a few years since I ate there, but it was really good.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip on Yoder. I enjoyed looking at the tiny town and made some purchases at Yoder meats.

I had lunch at the Carriage Crossing. The country fried steak was good and
it was interesting to watch the waitresses, two Mennonite and the rest not. I bet the dynamics of that group is interesting.

"The Lost Spacecraft: Liberty Bell 7 Recovered" will continue to be on display through May 26. It will return permanently in 2005.

This was my third time to the Cosmoshere. Hard to believe all of that is in Kansas. I like the space exhibit better than the Smithstonian, because of the German, USSR, American balance. Particularly like Apollo 13 and the Soviet spacecraft.

Keith
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 11:27 AM

Hi Keith. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Hutch and Yoder. My kids always enjoy driving through there. I haven't been to the Cosmosphere in a few years. We saw the Apollo 13 and I would like to see the Liberty 7. Our family has an interesting bit of connection to the Cosmosphere and space history...my father-in-law made parts for the lunar vehicle that is on display. We are off to Topeka this week to see the Czars exhibit. Who says that there aren't interesting things to see and do in Kansas?!