Reload this Page >

Restaurant picks in Sonoma, CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Randy

Going to a conference for several days in mid October. Can a Fodorite give me the "must visit" restaurants? I'm looking for all types of cuisine for both lunch and dinner--both those that are popular with the tourist crowd as well as those restaurants that are popular with the locals. Thanks!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 03:44 PM
kam

In Sonoma town The Girl and the Fig (especially their patio dining), Cafe Le Haye, Cafe Souverain (at the winery) Madrona Manor (in Healdsburg), Lisa Hemenway (in Santa Rosa) and John Ash and Co. in Santa Rosa. Piatti in Sonoma is pretty good, but is a mini California chain of Italian restaurant in the old El Dorado Hotel on the town square. Have fun.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Kim

I second The Girl and The Fig!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Betsy

Mixx in Santa Rosa.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Suzie

For Lunch we had a great meal at a cafe just on the square in Sonoma. There was outdoor seating that is not on the sidewalk but just inside a courtyard area that opens to the sidewalk. It was called Bella Luna.

For Dinner we ate at Della Santina. Great meal. It's across the street from Cafe La Haye, which we also considered. The layout of Cafe La Haye is quite open with high ceilings. It looked like the noise level may be high on a crowded evening. The menu looked divine!