Reload this Page >

Sonoma Hotels/Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:04 PM
rebecca

I am staying at the Hotel Healdsburg Sat and Sun night and eating dinner at Bistro Ralph -Sun dinner at Dry Creek - Monday night staying at MacArthur Place but i need a restaurant suggestion for Monday night. Any ideas? Also are these hotels close to eachother?
thanks

thanks

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Suzie

Healdsburg is at least an hour from Sonoma, depending on the road you use.

We had a good dinner at Della Santinas. When I was researching Sonoma for our recent getaway I also got recommendations for Cafe La Haye which happened to be just across the street from Della Santinas. Where Della's was a house and kind of cozy italian, Cafe La Haye was very modern clean lines with big windows. Cafe La Haye has a web site where you can view the menu. We also went by The General's Daughter and it was beautiful all lit up at night. They also have web site.

Hope others can share their experiences because there are some good restuarants in the area.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:22 PM
kam

Hotel Healdsburg is in Healdsburg and MacArthur Place is just outside downtown Sonoma city. So the answer is, not really. In Sonoma restaurants to try The Girl and the Fig (especially on a great day because they have a lovely patio), Cafe Le Haye, Piatti (although it's an upscale California chain, the pastas and pizzas are always consistently good), The General's Daughter, Della Santina, and if you feel like pub grub after all the California cuisine, great fun at Murphy's Irish Pub on First Street.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Rebecca

Are there good wineries in Healdsburg? I guess what I'm asking is if we are only there for 3 nights, does it make sense to spend 2 in healdsburg and one in Sonoma? Or will we be driving a lot to go to all the wineries. Shoul we save Napa for the last day (driving from MacArthur Place?

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Suzie

When we went we had a list of 32 wineries in the Healsdburg area and 11 in the Geyersville area. Naturally we had to cut down our list to just faves. We also had to consider 7 in the Kenwood area and 9 in the Santa Rosa area. There are lots to choose from. What kinds of wines do you want to taste? Do you care if the wineries charge a fee? Most fees are credited to a purchase.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Kal

Aloha all,
Suuuz, What I'd give for a big plate of Nonna's gnocchi w/ meatsauce from Della's Santina's rightnow...washed down with some Chianti.
Agree w/ kam on Piatti's. Pretty good for a chain. The one in Yountville also is pretty good.
Is Murphy's the one located in the courtyard behind the old movie theater in the plaza? Had a few pints of Guinness there last trip.
This weekend may be a good time for a Napa/Sonoma bike ride to lift the fallen spirits?
Have fun rebecca. It all is a very beautiful area.
Mahalo,
Kal

Old May 9th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Suzie

Kal, what fallen spirits? Some one needs info on Kauai re: Polihale Beach. Dropped your name but you never showed up! Busy?

Old May 9th, 2002, 01:58 PM
kal

Suuuz, Lost a very good friend the other night in a tragic, wasted way. Had 2 other friends hospitalized but they are doing quite well, knock on wood!
All this AND work too.
Tomorrow will def. be an early River Rock Run! There's a mug of Guinness with my name on it calling to me!

Always nice to see Fodor's Friends and talk travel. Ahhhh...Polihale a "The Brick" pie on the way home.
Kal

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Susan

Kal, so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll heist a Guinness this weekend in his honor and send my prayers to you and yours. You are right, we've got to live life to it's fullest. Aloha, friend.

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:15 PM
kam

For Rebecca: Last time we were in Sonoma we stayed two nights in Healdsburg and one night in the town of Sonoma. We didn't go over to Napa on that trip. I don't think it really matters whether you go from Healdsburg or Sonoma although Napa will be much busier on a Saturday or Sunday. I recall there's a tasting room in the town of Healdsburg where you can taste from some of the very small wineries that don't taste on site. see www.sonomavalley.com or www.napavalley.com. Healdsburg is a good place to pick up a winery map if you don't have one already.

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Ani

I was married at a small winery in between Geyserville and Healdsburg...and while scouting that winery for our location we had lunch across the highway at Chateau Souverain (a very large winery just off Hwy101)-it was so fantastic-beautiful winery and lovely view!

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 05:41 PM
RMC

Has anyone eaten at Saddles Steak & Seafood at Mac Arthur Place? Any opinions?