Restaurant in LA or Hollywood

Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant in LA or Hollywood

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant (maybe good grilled seafood) with moderate prices in the Hollywood/LA/Beverly Hills area where we could have dinner and maybe see celebrities? Something like this may not exist..Thanks!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:43 AM

I'd try the Hollywood and Highland complex. It has several restaurants that may appeal to you. It is where the Kodak Theater is located where the Academy Awards are held each year. It is right next door to the Chinese Theater as well. I've actually parked at their vast underground parking deck, eaten at Trastevere and taken the shuttle to the Hollywood Bowl for their annual "Movie Night" gala. Beats trying to park at the Bowl, which is a nightmare.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM

In Beverly Hills, I've seen famous people dining at Il Fornaio. Spago isn't outrageously expensive either, and it occasionally gets a celeb or two. There are hundreds of really good eateries in the greater LA area, but I wouldn't make my enjoyment of dinner dependent on seeing someone well-known. Maybe Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood.... A little rough, but people go there. Chin Chin on Sunset, maybe? Or the diner at the Standard. Joe's or Amuse Café in Venice. Jiraffe in Santa Monica. I have to think about this a bit.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 08:29 AM

I am not sure if this is out of your range, but how about Crustacean in Beverly Hills? If not, use the below link to find some spots. I am in LA about 5 times and year and I usually see stars at random places.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dine2/Crustacean.shtml
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Tess

We ate at Trastevere (in the Hollywood and Highlands complex) last month--the service was poor and the food was worse. Save your money and go to Spago instead--now THAT's a restaurant I'd go back to!

Old Feb 24th, 2005, 02:30 PM

I've seen more celebrities at Buca du Beppo and at Pollo Loco than I have seen at Hollywood & Highland.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM

I have seen celebrities at the Grove sitting at a cafe sipping wine. Not sure who they were but a lot of people were coming up and talking with them and snapping pictures. He looked familiar but could not place him. We had a very good meal there at Something Ranch. They also have a Maggianos, very good Italian.

That night we went with a group to Cafe de Artist I think is the name and had a wonderful and I think reasonable French dinner. Very funky and a little casual. In an old bungalow just behind the Kodak or somewhere nearby.

We also LOVE Ocean in Santa Monica.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Pane e Vino on Beverly near Sweetzer is filled with celebrities or at least movie folk. I'm not very good at recognizing many of them, but everytime we are there, it is clear by the buzz from others that many of those around us are famous. And I'm always overhearing talk about contracts, shooting schedules, reporting for makeup in the morning, etc. Really good food, and a wonderful patio in fair weather.
At one time Bruce and Demi were major owners, but I'm not sure who owns it these days.

Spago would guarantee that you'll see celebs, and they'll treat you like one as well, but "moderate" in pricing is hardly an appropriate description.

www.panevinola.com
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 08:10 PM

Baja Fresh (upscale fast-food) in Beverly Hills
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM

Although you probably won't end up there, I just wanted to add that the diner at the Standard Hotel is NOT what you're looking for. A cool place for drinks/diner fare, but loud, hip and often obnoxious. Just so you know.

love
roxy
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 04:24 AM

HI Tracy--I love Baja Fresh but the poster asked for a restaurant. While Baja Fresh is a great eatery, I cannot picture this fast food place as a dinner destination.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 06:03 AM

I forgot about the Ivy for lunch. On Melrose? I think that is supposed to be a big celeb spotting cafe. Very expensive though.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 06:08 AM

The Ivy is on Robertson and you will pay about $20.00 for a burger that is actually quite good. You are almost guaranteed to see a celebrity along this street either at The Ivy, one of the trendy boutiques or Starbucks or the Coffee Bean on opposite corners. I have seen many celebs at the Whole Foods Market on Santa Monica Blvd. You can eat there too.