Myrtle Beach. SC

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myrtle Beach. SC

Does anyone have any info on the Sand Dunes Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC? Is it a clean resort? Is it VERY crowded? I have a pending reservation, at $235 per night(taxes included) and read some very mixed reviews on this resort. I hesitate on making it final.. all help would be greatly appreciated! Sandra

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:24 AM
GoTravel

I have heard horrible things about the Sand Dunes/Ocean Dunes.

Try Seawatch Resort. Same area of beach and much nicer.

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:14 AM

Try the Forest Dunes Resort.
www.forestdunes.com
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:05 AM

GoTravel,

Are you thinking of the Sands Beach Club or Sands Ocean Club? Those two properties are somewhat near Seawatch. But the Sand Dunes (and the other Sands properties) is in the 75th Avenue North section of MB.

For clarification, Seawatch is several miles North of Sand Dunes Resort (75th Ave), in the Arcadian Shores area between MB and NMB. And I agree with GoTravel that Seawatch deserves a look--it's right next to Kingston Plantation, on a great stretch of beach.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
GoTravel

Chuck, what is the one with Ocean Annies? We had several groups of freinds stay there during bike week and all I heard all week was how nasty the rooms were.

Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Im inquiring about the Sand Dunes Resort. It's part of the Sands Clubs. They make it look so beautiful....... PLEASE tell me it's not the one that was NASTY!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:42 AM
GoTravel

Chuck set me straight. The one you are staying at is NOT the nasty one. I was thinking of the Sands Beach Club.

Old Feb 24th, 2005, 08:16 AM

Right GoTravel,

the Sands Ocean Club is where Ocean Annie's is & Sands Beach Club is just south of there (same stretch of beach), the last tower before you get to the swash that separates Arcadian Shores area from Grande Dunes. Both of these Sands properties are in dire need of renovation, IMHO.

Sgriffin, I haven't been in Sand Dunes Resort, but I can confirm that it is a good location.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank goodness! I was a bit scared for a moment!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM

Just a recommendation appropos of nothing, we stayed at the Sands Ocean Club (the one with Ocean Annies) last April. We rented a condo unit through CRS. The unit was beautiful. The pools and public areas were very clean. The area and beach were fantastic. Ocean Annies was open but we were in the furthest tower on the 12th floor and had no problems with noise. I have no idea what it is like during the summer months, but I would recommend it without hesitation. It's sister hotel was further down the dead end street and very quiet from the looks of things.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Ok, here is a stupid question for anyone who has the answer.......Do the resorts provide enough beach chairs or do I need to drag all 4 of mine from NY? (From the look of things MB seems really crowded, but that won't keep me away!)