Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Restaurant help for Laguna Beach dinner, please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to see the Pageant of the Masters at the end of the month, and prior to that we want to have dinner somewhere within walking distance. A few suggestions have been - 230 Forest, Partner's Bistro, Ristorante Robilio and Romeo Cucina. Please comment on these or help out with other suggestions in the area. The night before, we will be dining at French 75, which I understand is wonderful. Where can we go for another lovely meal before the Pageant?

Thanks -
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Five Feet is a great dining experience. Reservations are needed, and it's a chef's choice type of menu.

http://www.fivefeetrestaurants.com
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 07:53 PM

The closest restaurant within walking distance is Cedar Creek Inn. It has good food, nice atmosphere, and lots of locals eat here, so that tells you something about the place. I always enjoy it. When finished just walk over to the Pageant. A perfect evening! Go early to the pageant so you can walk around to see the art works on display.
384 Forest Ave, (949) 497-8696
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Thank you folks for your suggestions, but I would like a few other ideas as we have eaten at Cedar Creek Inn and, although very good, we were looking for a more up-scale restaurant. As for Five Feet, a "chef's choice" menu does not work for the 4 of us as I don't eat meat or poultry and the others do, so we like a regular menu. Can anyone else help?
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM

Pam, you can tell your server about what you don't eat, and they will customize the menu. We went there with 5 people, and each of us got a different appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. It was fun trying a little bit of everything. Some of us had dietary restrictions, and there was no problem.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Denise. I've looked at the wedsite for Five Feet and the restaurant looks lovely. We might just give it a try due to your input. I never have a problem with food selections (I do eat fish), but I don't want everyone else to have to bend to what I eat.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 10:06 AM

We had an amazing meal at The Studio at the Montage Resort this past December. Gorgeous property and the Studio is very, very nice. ***kim***