Reload this Page >

Reservations Essential? & Clubs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Amanda

Hi there, forgive me if this has been covered recently but I have flicked through a few Q&As and didn't see one for these topics...Firstly, are reservations to ALL reasonablly good restaurants essential between 23 Dec and 2 Jan??? Or is it still possible to walk in off the street and get a table at most restaurants - it's just that I LOVE eating out but hate planning in advance! Secondly, do you have to pre-book tickets to night clubs during this time? Particulary for New Years Eve? And which clubs would people recommend? We like modern dance music with a friendly crowd, but not over run with e-heads. One member in our group is also keen to check out a 'style' club (ie very trendy 'hip' club) any thoughts?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:17 AM
xxx

Since you have not given us any indication of where the hell you are talking about, we can only assume that you are referring to the number one holiday destination in the country --
Possum Flats, Arkansas. Yes, you should be able to walk in off the streets and get a nice possum dinner almost anywhere, and the New Year's Eve corn on the cob fest is always a lot of fun.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:18 AM
xxx

The trendiest club in town is Muskrat Junction on Main St. downtown. You'll love it!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Me

Amanda-

Since I'm browsing the New York section, I see your message was posted here so you must be talking about NY. But you should be aware that even when you post within a state section, your post still shows up in the main section. So people browsing there have no idea that you're talking about NY unless you say that in your post.

Always put your destination in the title of your post. You should probably repost your question as "NYC-Reservations essential?"

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Amanda

Thanks for the last tip - I did not know that my question would be posted in all USA topics! I did indeed mean NYC, as that was the that topic I went to before posting the message. Not to worry about re-posting though, I think I have had enough replies for this trip to the US - wish me luck - I think I'm gonna need it by the looks of things...